Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • What would you have done?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I've been avoiding reading this thread all day but I gave in eventually and what happens?? I kind of fancy a bit of cock myself now.

Anyone in the Bristol area feeling the same way? We could help one another out.

br
    Free Member
    mudshark
    Free Member

Gay or not I'd be annoyed if I had to find a room last minute when I already had one to share with my mate.

Anyway, BB owners in this position should just say they've made a mistake and double booked. That's what the airlines do when they think your a gay.

allthegear
    Free Member

mudshark – I was just under the impression airlines like to discriminate against travellers?

edit – just realised there's multiple meanings there – I mean people travelling by air.. (In other words, all their customers)

project
    Free Member

4 pages and still going strong,not a sign of any limp wristedness so far.

Hiya all.

uplink
    Free Member

mudshark – I was just under the impression airlines like to discriminate against travellers?

nah – they let you take a caravan with you

Woody
    Free Member

You'll have to explain to me how a B&B is completely different to a hotel

A B&B is someones home as well as being a commercial enterprise and is not a public place like a hotel. While I do not agree with the the owner I believe it is her right to choose who she rents a room to.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So she has the right to discriminate? Would "no blacks" be acceptable?

The law is really clear – you must not discriminate when you are providing goods or services

theboatman
    Free Member

Hate filled trolls get another 100+ post thread, hats off to them. To save me having to read this, can someone start a seperate thread to let me know who has won?

Woody
    Free Member

Would "no blacks" be acceptable?

Depends if they were gay or not.

Seriously though, there are far more important things in the world than a homophobic landlady. The BBC is showing it on the news now. I would be fascinated to see what happens to her bookings for the summer.

project
    Free Member

Its not a case of whos won or lost,its just a discussion about bigotry, and discrimination,that is all around us,some openly discriminateing and some who are just evil.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Interesting thread this ……. and very revealing.

I sometimes forget that MTBing takes all sorts.

And it clearly includes those who have Victorian attitudes towards sections of our society.

Strangely enough though, these characters always seem have a somewhat more liberal attitude towards their own behaviour.

theboatman
    Free Member

4 pages and still going strong,not a sign of any limp wristedness so far.

Yep you win, it's a knock out discussion with real poignant insights on the topic. I'll just retire back to my huge arse dildo.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Mr Black and Mr Morgan were* in the village

* Insert – 'the only gays' – here

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… and the news has revealed that the B&B owner's convictions spring from – wait for it – christianity.

What a surprise.

Edric64
    Free Member

I think I alluded to religious bollocks earlier

Colin-T

If its a biblical thing then I imagine it was a lucky escape, the stuff about no bacon and pork is in the bible too so the breakfast would have been rubbish.

aracer
    Free Member

Seriously though, there are far more important things in the
    world than a homophobic landlady.

So we should just let people get away with all the trivial things then?

Just so we know where we stand, can you rank the following on scale of
    importance?

Speeding
    Homophobic landladies
    Murder
    Fiddling HMRC on import duty
    Wearing a full face helmet with lycra
    Shoplifting
    Fiddling expenses

Woody
    Free Member

Did I say it was trivial ?

As you asked…..

……There is one heinous crime on your list which stands out and is irrefutably at #1, the perpetrators of which should feel the full force of the law and remain outcasts from society for eternity. I feel dirty and somehow sullied even typing the letters – wearing a full face helmet with lycra <spits>

Couldn't give a monkeys about the rest so can't be bothered sorting them.

thomthumb
    Free Member

it seems there are just more gays around now.

i think it's hereditary!!

heard of several b&bs that wouldn't take unmarried couples.

stayed at a gay b&b – best breakfast burrito i've ever had.

people are always trying to give me and my mate double rooms on biking trips.

make of that what you will…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

make of that what you will…

You're gay ?

thomthumb
    Free Member

You're gay ?

what happens in llandudno stays in llandudno! 😯

kennyp
    Free Member

So we should just let people get away with all the trivial things then?

She's not "getting away" with anything. She considers two men sharing a bed to be immoral, so is perfectly entitled to decline their business. Whether any of us think it's immoral or not isn't the issue. She didn't advocate violence or hatred towards them, just politely said she'd rather they stayed somewhere else.

You'd like to think the police had "proper crimes" to investigate.

These threads are always interesting in that those who preach tolerance of all things are generally the first to be intolerant of anyone who doesn't share their views.

konabunny
    Free Member

whoosh!

If its a biblical thing then I imagine it was a lucky escape, the stuff about no bacon and pork is in the bible too so the breakfast would have been rubbish.

True, but at least you would have got pure cotton sheets – no mixing of fibres, you see…

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘What would you have done?’ is closed to new replies.