Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What waterproof shorts?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Need a new pair after my Madison 3/4s fell apart. Budget roughly £50. Cheers for any help.

matt_outandabout

Endura superlights here are wearing well and work!

Simon

I’m happy with my Superlites too.

akira

Scott paclite if you can find them, some of the maloja ones are supposed to be pretty good.

fathomer

I’ll third the Superlites, not to expensive either!

avdave2

My Altura Attacks have done 3 winters and I commute off road so they are worn every day for several months of the year to deal with standing water and mud. Just starting to get a bit shabby now. I’m thinking of replacing them with something with a waterproof seat and back as it’s not that often it’s actually raining but bits of my commute stay wet for months, in fact they are still wet and muddy now.

cinnamon_girl

Gore Bike Wear Alp X.

tonyd

+1 Gore. Very comfy, breathable, etc. No idea how they compare to others but I like them. I generally wear them for the commute also if it looks like heavy rain, quite a few times lately it’s ended up hot and humid instead and I’ve hardly noticed them.

Pricey but worth it.

sambob
    Free Member

Looks like the Superlites could be a winner. Anywhere cheaper than £40 from CRC?

cinnamon_girl

Alp X are £88 at TGStore

johnnystorm

My Normal shorts and a pair of Lidl waterproof trousers cut down and re-hemmed. 😉

/pikey

patriotpro
    Free Member

Had 3 pairs of Altura Attack, one fell to bits after moderate use and one pair gone back after zip fell appart.

nwilko
    Free Member

MT500 spray baggies, waterproof arse, normal breathable front…dry enough for all but winter riding (as less sweaty), have some 3/4 events and can only wear them in winter as they are so warm.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Altura Attack, one fell to bits after moderate use and one pair gone back after zip fell appart.

Mine have never been what I’d call waterproof (damp arse, even in moderate conditions) and have also torn easily (twice) in low speed spills.

sambob
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Superlites, cheers all 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.