Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What was the last thing that reminded you of being a kid?
  • bearnecessities

I bought something yesterday I’ve always wanted. It’s getting delivered tomorrow.

I woke up this morning at 4am, first thing I thought about.

I got an email today saying it’s being delivered SD tomorrow – working from home day booked.

Already wondering what time postie will get here, not sure how I’ll sleep tonight (really!)

All bloody ridiculous, irrational, immature and totally unimportant ..but, heck, I’m enjoying the childishness, letting the giddy excitement grip me. Christmas as a 10 year old hasn’t got anything on this feeling.

Anyone else experienced this, past their teenage years?!

funkmasterp

Built a bike from scratch for the first time last month. Got really giddy every time I received a part, especially the frame.

midlifecrashes

On here actually, someone talked about the North West 200.

This was the last one I went to before leaving Ireland that summer.
    BBC Archive 1976 North West 200

crikey
    Free Member

Weeing in bed?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ride bikes. Seriously it’s like going through a time tunnel.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had a wet dream last week.

richpips
    Free Member

I got battered in a hailstorm today whilst out riding. I remember thinking the last time that happened on a bike I would have been 14 or 15. 30+ years ago.

nealglover
    Free Member

I bought something yesterday I’ve always wanted.

Go on then, I’ll ask.

What have you bought ?

To answer the question, skiing, mountain biking, hill walking, all make me feel like a kid again.

bearnecessities

Go on then, I’ll ask.

Just a watch, silly really.

Love the hailstorm story, weather does remind me of childhood.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Visiting garden centres and DIY shops. They always remind me, without fail, of my awesome dad, and I love them for that reason.

gusamc
    Free Member

I ‘heard’ a modern equivalent last week, whilst visiting dad

dads mate was up (he’s at least 50), we were all coffeeing/chatting away and then the mates iphone went, he smiled, answered it and we all heard his missus yell ‘your teas on the table’ and just like childhood he was off ……….

Bregante

Saw some white dog poo the other week.

funkmasterp

Saw some white dog poo the other week.

Photo or I’m calling foul play 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I watch Phinius & Ferb on Disney XD.

Makes me feel like I’m 10 yrs old.

I’m a fan of all Disney productions, I have yet to grow up. 😆

Bregante

🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I met a polite Bizzie.

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I took our 3yr old grandson on a nice walk this morning. He was on his balance bike, we went to the park and fed the ducks and he scooted around the skate bowl a bit.

This afternoon I loaded him on the back of the pub bike and we rode up to Back2Bikes our local bike recycling charity and bought him a tiny Raleigh pedal bike with no stabilisers and proper inflatible tyres for £25.

It’ll be a while before he gets the hang of it but it made us feel very excited.

martymac

that tamiya thread instantly took me back to about 1986, superb.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Saw my mom today.

beefheart
    Free Member

I made BH junior watch flight of the navigator and bmx bandits yesterday.
    Good times.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yesterday. Climbing boulders at Brimham Rocks near Harrogate with my little (3 yr old) girls – the last time I did that I must have been about 12.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Got my face painted, had to sit between the knees of super-yoga-x5 driving-mummy.

Kid, adolescent, adult all in one.

Tiger-Face raaar.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was up at Fort William for the SSDT last week. 1st time I went there I was about 6.
    I’ve been zillions of times since I was 6 but I always feel the same.

noteeth
    Free Member

On saturday, we spent about two hours riding the same tricky corner in the woods – again and again and again and again (and again).

I kept expecting an adult to call us in for dinner. 😀

I am in my mid-30s, btw.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oh, I hurt my bits one time riding into a wall and I wanted to phone my mum before the ambulance.

I phoned Mrs. C.

Then the ambulance.

Then my mum.

I didn’t cry.

blooddonor
    Free Member

Banana and sugar sandwich, at my local bakers today, Rowleys in ham.

takisawa2

Took 24 Beaver Scouts on a sleepover/camp. Couldn’t help but feel as excited as they were on Sat morning when they arrived, as for most it was the first time away from home overnight. The ubiquitous midnight torchlit feast etc. Heading off into the woods, all waterproofed up, oblivious to the rain as only 6 & 7 yr olds can be.
    Simply amazing. 🙂

Kunstler

Ride bikes. Seriously it’s like going through a time tunnel.

Yesterday on my ride I saw: a battleship, a spitfire on a stick (real one), Thomas the tank engine & Percy, a castle and some cows.

user-removed
    Free Member

My mum, banging on about what I was like as a kid, today. We’re visiting with the six month old and it sent her into rhapsodies of reminiscences. Other than that, the smell of wild garlic, crushed underfoot whilst walking through the woods. The incredibly strong stench always takes me back to various points in my life.

zbonty

Seeing my 2 year old nephew playing with pebbles in my garden. And also falling on his arse.
    I still do the latter.

WillH

I take my son (18 months) to daycare on the bike on the way to work. His daycare has recently relocated so now we take a different route which involves a steep downhill (tarmac) section. Entirely unprompted he now sticks his arms out to the sides and goes “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” all the way down 😀

I nearly fell off laughing the first time, now I just want to join in, reminds me of running round pretending to be an aeroplane as a kid.

meehaja
    Free Member

WillH, thats awesome! I’ve not ridden with the child seat for a while, but when out walking, my son has taken to stroking the bark on trees (from a backpack carrier, also 18 months). 30 years older and I do the same!

gears_suck
    Free Member

My daughter (7yrs old) and I were on a bit of tricky trail. She on the tow along. I stopped at the bottom of the steep climb and told her. “Be ready and when I say go, pedal, pedal, pedal or we wont make it.” I took a breath put my foot in the cleat, one finger over left nostril and cleared the hooter with a blast. She says, “Is that the signal?”
    We fell about laughing. I hope she remembers that when shes grown up.

andycs

Watching BSB from Oulton Park and as the camera followed the bikes through Lodge corner and down Deer Leap, I saw the large tree where my late Father and I would stand in the 70’s.

molgrips
    Free Member

Being a parent really makes me remember loads of things that happened when I was the kid… Like last night my eldest was puking everywhere all night, and we gave her a mixing bowl in which to barf. As a kid we had this yellow mixing bowl that was our puke receptacle, and also the everyday mixing bowl 🙂

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

New shoooooooooooes!!!!!

You gotta love that new shoes feeling.

yunki
    Free Member

We recently moved to the seaside town of my youth, and I find myself regularly riding up the long hill out of the town centre towards home, towing the kids in the bike trailer..

When I was a kid we would often see a fella toiling up the hill on his bike, towing his trailer – it was a bit of a tradition to spot him when we visited the seaside, and my Grandad would always chuckle at his endeavours..

I realised with a huge blast of nostalgia the other day that I am now that bloke.. 8)

iamroughrider
    Free Member

tamiya thread. Excellent. Happy memories.

crispy
    Free Member

Jumping tabletops with Jedi.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What was the last thing that reminded you of being a kid?’ is closed to new replies.