Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What tyres TO OUTRUN OUR SATANIC MAJESTY?
  • kcr
    Free Member

There are still some icy patches around here, so I decided to have a wee low level play tonight, and explore some new trails in a small local wood, just beyond the north-western boundary of Edinburgh.
    There’s an old quarry in the wood, used by moto-crossers, and as I rode through it, I was surprised to be accosted by a bloke in smart casual, looking for directions “to the road” and trying to find “some other nutters”. To be honest he looked like he was dressed for a night at the pub, rather than stumbling round a quarry in the pitch black on a chilly night.

I pointed him towards a path through the woods heading to the main road, and headed the opposite way. Shortly afterwards, I saw some cars parked on a side road, with a few people standing around, and realised that I had probably sent him off in the wrong direction.

I retraced my route, trying to find the lost wanderer, and as I descended into the lowest part of the quarry, came across a small group of people standing in the dark. I thought this was a bit odd, but asked if they were looking for someone. The chap nearest to me explained that they had found him, and he had just wandered off in a big circle. It was all quite friendly, although I couldn’t help noticing that he had a large broadsword slung from his belt. Another fellow was toting a large mattock type hammer. My first thought was LARP, because I’ve come across them in the Pentlands before, but it seemed a bit of an odd time to to be playing. Is there such a thing as night-LARPing? Also, although most of the group were facing me, there was one figure at the back in a heavy robe with a tall pointed hood who conspicuously kept their back to me throughout the conversation.

Having established that their pal was OK, I carried on my way, and enjoyed a nice wee run around the woods. Eventually I discovered a path that climbed right up to the edge of the cliff above the quarry. As I stood at the top, enjoying the night views of Edinburgh and the Forth Bridges, I realised that I could hear voices in the dark quarry below. I was too far away, and it was too windy to catch exactly what was being said, but it sounded very like the rhythmic chanting of the same word or phrase over and over again…

Northwind

And he said! Play the best song on the world…

slackalice
    Free Member

sounds like you’re going to have to take a trundle round there tomorrow morning to look for spilt blood, body parts and a dismembered body.

Don’t forget your camera

😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Naaah, just hide in the bushes nearby and wait for darkness to fall.

It won’t be scary, I’m sure 🙂

They’re probably just the Young Conservatives anyway 😉

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Satanic doggers?

pictonroad

Smart Sam’s of course.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Unless you are a virgin you should be safe. Are you a virgin?

binarysolo
    Free Member

Sounds like a Wiccan ritual. They’re harmless and the sword represents something but I can’t remember what.

Just be grateful they weren’t skyclad!

sas78

Have to say it was sounding like Satanic Dogging for a bit there! Lol.

Where exactly was this? Might pop out, park up and fire some Sabbath on, turned up to 11!

joshvegas
    Free Member

you shouldn’t joke about satanic dogging its a very cerberus issue.

jekkyl

Get that mountain biker!

sas78

What wheelsize for wiccan rituals?

binarysolo
    Free Member

What wheelsize for wiccan rituals?

666b

boxelder

Some folk are straight up weirdos.
    Why would you cycle at night?

jekkyl

What an odd question boxelder. Would you think there was anything wrong with cycling at say 8.30pm in July?

boxelder

Was joking – half my riding is probably alone in the dark.
    On a Whicker Man note, my wife once described how Joss Ackland danced naked in it – 8-/

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A mate still tells this story :-
    Yrs ago it was rumoured that witches would dance around naked at the top of Alderley Edge at Halloween, so the next Halloween he parked his car up at the bottom & started up the hill.
    When he got near the top he could see a fire & figures moving around it, he was getting a bit spooked and thought it would be a good idea to hide in the undergrowth. So there he is, crawling around in the bush trying to get closer to the fire, when a hand drops onto his shoulder & a voice says “are you one of us?”
    He squeaked in terror, & managed to whimper “yes”…

..to which the voice replied “oh good, I’m with (insert local paper), who do you work for?”

Bloody reporter doing a silly bit on Wiccans!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What tyres TO OUTRUN OUR SATANIC MAJESTY?’ is closed to new replies.