Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to wear in this weather (wet + warm).
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

What are others planning on wearing for this kind of weather? Spitting rain and 10 degrees C. I’m thinking bib tights, light mid layer and a Gore rain jacket. Probably too warm on top but other option is just to get wet.
    Oh and overshoes and warm gloves, don’t forget them.

the-muffin-man

I wear a short sleeve race jersey + a Montane Featherlite Velo jacket. Just enough to keep the wind and light showers out. And stows away if the heat gets up.

simondbarnes

Castelli Nanoflex bibshorts, kneewarmers, armwarmers and a Gabba short sleeved jersey.

warpcow
    Free Member

Jesus, I’d sweat to death in all that. Shorts, short-sleeve top, a gilet or at most a thin stowaway jacket (mines a Howies Dyfi) and ordinary gloves and socks/shoes. Oh, and eveyone’s different etc, etc.

scotroutes

Wet and warm? It’s been snowing here today.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

No wind or rain protection on top Simon? I wouldn’t mind that for a short hard ride, when its wet.
    Yeah everyone is different. Nothing kills my motivation mid ride like being soaking wet though!

simondbarnes

No wind or rain protection on top Simon?

All of those items are windproof / water-resistant and would happily wear them for an all day ride today. As it is, I’m sat on the sofa, buggering about on the internet eating mini gingerbread men and getting fat(ter)

obelix
    Free Member

Skin is waterproof, so for anything other up to a 12miler I’d just go shorts and t-shirt, with something waterproof and packable stowed away for if you have a mechanical. This changes for full day ride, when more comprehensive kit comes into play due to slower pace and more stopping.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Go naked.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d like to try one of those softshell jerseys like the Castelli Gabba.

You are talking roadie gear aren’t you?

MrNice
    Free Member

gabba/nanoflex stuff here. It’s not cheap but it’s fantastic. If i was planning to be out a long time I might have a thin jacket stuffed into a pocket just in case I needed an extra layer.

simondbarnes

You are talking roadie gear aren’t you?

I wear the same kit on and offroad other than shoes.

chakaping
    Free Member

But you’re not the OP.

lunge

Shorts, short sleeve shirt, arm warmers, wind proof gillet. Maybe knee warmers if it’s too cold.

rOcKeTdOg

Bob tights in 10?? On an #mtb? Either you move really fast or suffer from the cold? I’m in T shirt & shorts in anything in double figures

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to wear in this weather (wet + warm).’ is closed to new replies.