Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • What this forum does for you ?
  • fasthaggis

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie- your google searches are tailored to you, normal people won’t get that.

You really sure about that?

tomhoward

Came up as top result for me. Never searched for the like before?

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’m not into computers really and thus didn’t really realise what a forum was when I naively put my introductory ‘hello’ on here! I haven’t looked back though….
    I’ve met some absolutely wonderful people via STW, including my boyfriend. I’ve learnt so much from everyone and can quite honestly say the banter is brilliant! There’s been many a time I’ve burst out laughing in the staff room too 😳
    Some stuff especially the videos are truly inspiringThank you everyone!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamie is correct I get that – even when I use the guest account on my laptop and a new browser so its not related to my history either

Northwind

Jamie – Member

You really sure about that?

Yup- only happens on my home machine, doesn’t happen with my work or my brother’s machine.

julianwilson
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

It tells me what Torys think STW was the first place I ever heard anyone express a tory political viewpoint as their own. Up until then I knew roughly half the people I meet day to day must vote conservative but I never heard anyone say they did, or promote or defend a tory policy.

I lurk on BM a bit and the prevailing opinion over there would seem to be that STW is full of frothing-at-the-mouth loony lefties, not the opinions of the right. I work in the NHS but the British side of my family is well up in the middle class (some of them even had “staff” 😯 ) so I didn’t come in search of dogged Wolfie Smith trade unionism, shiny neo-liberal bullshine or condescending ‘old money’ Toryism. Found plenty of all three though! 😀

I did come here for the trails and bike-fixing threads, most of which I still read, but actually it seems more interesting to chat about whatever comes up with people I know or may well meet out riding soon enough that I find myself posting more in the chat side these days. I also haven’t bought a fork or frame anywhere except the classifieds for nearly 5 years now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

STW is full of frothing-at-the-mouth loony lefties, not the opinions of the right

I think they [we] had the loudest voices but were never the actual majority. Perhaps they ground folk down though to the degree they never bothered posting on politics- Stoner for example

emsz
    Free Member

It’s funny, it’s full of folk I’d never talk to normally. I’ve learned loads of stuff. Miss some of the people that have been banned though. Fred, Yeti and Don were pretty funny

footflaps

STW is full of frothing-at-the-mouth loony lefties

You mean cyclists? They’re on the other forum!

igrf
    Free Member

Market Research, I just wanted to try and understand the mindset of the weird and bearded.

It didn’t work.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s a superior form of ennui. It’s better than TV and slow days at work. I’ve also learning things about riding and bikes, and met nice people. There’s a plenty of giggles too.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

without becoming unemployed , would never have ‘found’ this place, must admit it was a ‘heated’ thread on critical mass that caught me– and the amount of animosity towards people who are essentially well meaning — yes there are more ‘right wingers’ than i would ever meet in real life, but their ideology is still the same…. 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

without becoming unemployed , would never have ‘found’ this place, must admit it was a ‘heated’ thread on critical mass that caught me– and the amount of animosity towards people who are essentially well meaning — yes there are more ‘right wingers’ than i would ever meet in real life, but their ideology is still the same…. 😉

oh , there are some truly funny people on here …both kinds…whoops

maccruiskeen

I lurk on BM a bit and the prevailing opinion over there would seem to be that STW is full of frothing-at-the-mouth loony lefties, not the opinions of the right.

Its not that right or left wing views dominate – I’ve just never (in my limited experience) heard anyone express a right wing view, or even a middle ground tory voters view, as there own, in a conversation, anywhere other than here.

project
    Free Member

From nuclear power, to sheds, from bed weting children to having enough sex,from emotional outbursts, to really sad threads, from info about how to change the element in a cooker, to a blocked drain in a frost free freezer,from cancer to Aids, and lots lots more.

One thing is for sure there is always humour ,help and toys out of toybox times.

Some even ride bikes

footflaps

Some even ride bikes

A libelous statement if ever I heard one!

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘What this forum does for you ?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM