Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • What this forum does for you ?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Do tell…..

Just check the bushes near the megabunker, and ask him directly.

footflaps

Just check the bushes near the megabunker,

I had noticed that someone had set off one of my Claymores recently, but hadn’t had time to go and investigate, plus the cats have probable eaten most of the remains by now.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…makes me despair for the future of humanity 😆

sharkbait
    Free Member

What’re these ‘bikes’ that keep betting mentioned?
    Chat forum is not what it was a couple of years ago but still amazingly helpful, interesting and annoying (yes I’m looking at you Mcmoonter 😉 )

Junkyard
    Free Member

Banter
    Friends
    Some arguing /debating
    Some laughs
    The chance to interact with folk I would never meet in the real world _ Stoners , Cpt , THM as well as the actual nutters i would choose not to but might meet

The HIVE MIND – there is nothing it does not know and no question it cannot answer – in fact I have not even understood some of the questions.

Does seem more tame these days which is both a good and a bad thing.
    Seems to be loosing some community spirit as well as some of the characters – perhaps its just getting bigger and therefore more corporate?

footflaps

Seems to be loosing some community spirit as well as some of the characters – perhaps its just getting bigger and therefore more corporate?

I only post on here as Chipps pays me to 😉

By the way, I was thinking of asking for a raise in 2013, what are you lot getting paid by STW towers to post stuff?

Jamie
    Free Member

what are you lot getting paid by STW towers to post stuff?

I was promised, and get, regular photos of nipples.

I should have read the small print, though 🙁

footflaps

I was promised, and get, regular photos of nipples.

Switch off the ‘Safe search’ option in Options… 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i get 50p per word word word word word word word word word word word

cheers_drive

I use you all as virtual office colleagues when I’m working from home. A substitute for all office banter, with the advantage that it is more orientated around bikes rather the than the banality of what happened in Eastenders last night or a talking about last night match.
    I haven’t worked out who the virtual office eye candy is yet though…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Waves*

juanpelota
    Free Member

“I haven’t worked out who the virtual office eye candy is yet though… “

I’ve just sent you some pictures.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hora.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Spaffs*

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Your all a bunch of argumentative tossers 😆

I just love how witty and funny it is on here and how a completely innocent thread can descend into world war three 😆 I think most people must come on here to either vent their frustrations or wind people up. It also a great source of information and can also be a very caring place.

tomhoward

Got me into road biking 😕

That and the banter whiles away the hours!

tomhoward

*Spaffs*

Checked for blood?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh yeah one more thing, this place has actually got me/encouraged me/finger waved at me/embarased me* to enter a couple of “competitions” and I thought I’d had enough of that a loooong time ago. 😕
    And (cough) I’m rather looking forward to meeting some folk of here.. I’ll let you know if it’s recipical… 😆

*delete as you see fit.

druidh
    Free Member

A mine of information – on almost any topic.
    A real laugh – cats and flags 🙂
    A chance to see the opinion of lots of folk I’d never meet.
    A place to share riding experiences and routes.

As I’ve said before, I only ever subscribed as a way of supporting the forum as I’m not really interested in magazines. It also has to be said that modding is, at best, inconsistent and it seems as though The Rules need revised to reflect this. The use of the classifieds section is probably the worst for this and I’m unlikely to renew my subscription next time around based on recent changes.

binners

Hora only classes as eye candy when he’s in work…

brakes
    Free Member

I put bets on with my bookie to see how long it takes druidh to come along and ruin a thread.
    He was a bit slow on this one so I’m down £0.41 today.

cheers_drive

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    *Waves*

My money was on CFH replying to that 😀

I don’t know many people of here in person and I don’t regularly converse on here but I’ve spend enough time on here to know when a thread starts who will reply and what their angle will be.

maccruiskeen

It also has to be said that modding is, at best, inconsistent and it seems as though The Rules need revised to reflect this

You’re a frequent flyer here – would you volunteer to mod?

druidh
    Free Member

Oh look – I have my own personal stalker.

* feels privileged *

Would I volunteer to mod? Why not? I’d just have to dig out the jackboots and Nazi uniform (again).

fasthaggis

Do tell…..

It was all such a long time ago.
    I went in to my LBS which was having a closing down sale ,and just happened to mention that I had £5000 to spend on a new bike ,but that I no idea what to choose. I also mentioned that I was having some thoughts about changing tyres ,pedals,cables,brakes and finishing kit, as I just couldn’t keep up with people at my local trail park. Anyway,they said that they posted at a very helpful place called singletrackworld on the interweb,and felt sure I would have all my questions answered.
    When I came on here ,I forgot all about bikes and ended up spending my money on stoves,quality knives,razor blades and cheese. So now ,I lurk on here,scanning all the threads ,just waiting for them to turn up. I will have my revenge ,oh yes 🙂

tomhoward

When I came on here ,I forgot all about bikes and ended up spending my money on stoves,quality knives,razor blades and cheese any and everything that is top quality, but isn’t bikes.

ftfy.

Happened to me too….

footflaps

I forgot all about bikes and ended up spending my money on stoves,quality knives,razor blades and cheese.

I am disappointed you didn’t have sheds in your list…..

Jamie
    Free Member

He only had 5k, Footflaps.

tomhoward

No need, he just uses yours.

While you sleep.

fasthaggis

That’s a work in progress 🙂

2013 …year of the super shed .

I need somewhere to store all the knives and cheese

falkirk-mark

I typed in singlecrack in a google search then took up mountainbiking and been here ever since. 😮

footflaps

He only had 5k, Footflaps.

OK, decent foundations….

Duggan

It taught me that no point, no matter how small, should ever be conceded in an argument no matter what the cost.

All in all though it is a very good place and the collective wisdom of a (decent) crowd is often much more effective at answering questions and proferring advice than just Googling everything. It’s also always pretty heartwarming when the adice also spills over into genuine support for people with real problems other than mtb stuff etc.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

falkirk-mark – Member
    I typed in singlecrack in a google search

😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ this ^^

How many do you need?? ❓

Jamie
    Free Member

It is interesting how many Google searches bring STW to the fore.

maxtorque

I just come here for the women.

But, so far, i’ve only found a bunch of girls……… 😉

Northwind

Lots. I like the chat side (I’m a forum addict tbh) and I’ve met a lot of other riders through it (or, perhaps it’s better to say I would have met lots of them anyway, but it’s meant more of a connection, “Oh hi, you’re that guy off the internet”).

Also it’s influenced my riding a lot, probably wouldn’t have gone so head over heels for enduro racing without this place and that’s been a big thing for me.

Jamie- your google searches are tailored to you, normal people won’t get that.

fasthaggis

Nice that you think forum folk are normal 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Its great for picking up chicks

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘What this forum does for you ?’ is closed to new replies.