Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • what SS wheels ?
  • ninkynonk
    Free Member

any advice on a set of wheels for my SS ?

trying to make it as light as possible and think this will be a good start

(usual STW sarcastic retorts about SS's will be treated with contempt they deserve 😀 )

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have just built a set of wheels using a hope s/s hub on 717 rims and with a sprocket fitted the fugging thing was heavier than my old wheel which was a 717 on a DMR hub with a WI freewheel ( by 30g according to the wifes kitchen scales)

Save yer dosh and go DMR

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have Dmr revolvers on 717 with white ind freewheel and sapim spokes. Best wheelset i've owned, Givern them a beating round dalby and north yorks moors.

Highly recommended

saladdodger
    Free Member

My DMRS were uesd for 7 years with no issues except new bearings for the WI freewheel

Yes I would use them again and save a shed load of money

tazzymtb

stans ztr355 to goldtech front hub and phil woods kissoff disc rear hub. Very light 29er single speed wheels.

and a little bit shiny as well 😀

JoB
    Free Member

lightweight geared wheel of choice with cog and spacer kit

tinribz
    Free Member

Aerotrack

And whatever crazy hubs you guys use.

sheldona
    Free Member

Don't bother with wheels, you may as well make it light enough to carry as singlespeeds can't be ridden anywhere as they are cwap

tazzymtb

actually you could make some out of hulahoops and put some bubble wrap as pretend nobbly tyres on them and paint them black add stans stickers etc. that way they would look like 29er wheels, be light for carrying/hanging in trees and make you look niche all in one go! Winner 🙂

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Put the spend into some nice rims and spokes. Don't worry too much about the hubs.
    355/Crest/717's on the outside and DT supcomp/revolution or Sapim CXray holding them up.
    DMR revolver hubs are quite light and cheap and shimano DX freewheels are OK if you keep oiling them

tazzymtb

Put the spend into some nice rims and spokes. Don't worry too much about the hubs.

ARE YOU MAD? that's like putting 18" super bling alloys on a crappy corsa!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

ARE YOU MAD? that's like putting 18" super bling alloys on a crappy corsa!

You should see my Polo!
    If you looked toward the back end of the field at the weekend you would have seen it…

[Edit] '97 reg mechanical diesel for the win!

stoney
    Free Member

I have these going if you`re interested!

e-mail in profile if interested 😛

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘what SS wheels ?’ is closed to new replies.