Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What shoes for both on and off the bike?
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

I’ve been using a pair of Scarpa Quests for both on and off the bike for the past couple of years and they’ve been pretty good for both.
    Sticky rubber, sole stiff-ish and flat, insanely comfortable/perfect fit for me.

They’re pretty much dead now though and Scarpa seem to have discontinued them :o(

So any ideas what other approach-y type shoes are good for both on and off the bike? I tried on some Haglofs Vertigo’s but they’re a) silly money and b) not the flattest of soles.

Currently I’m liking the look of:
    Teva Links

Adidas Terex Solo

Salomon X-Over

Mammut Needle DLX

emanuel
    Free Member

5.10 spitfires.

loads of flat pedal shoes coming out.the sombrio ones look nice.

tony24
    Free Member

Got a set of scott trail BOA system shoes you can have for £60 posted have a removable spd cover so you can use them for flats as well. Very smart shoe but perfect balance of comfort and pedal efficency. They are brand new never worn. Email tony18@hotmail.co.uk if interested

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Thanks!
    It’s the soles that have worn out on my Quests – flat and relatively thin sticky rubber doesn’t last that long off the bike, so I’m looking to avoid 5.10’s as they’ll only be worse in this respect.

Tony – thanks for the offer but I’m looking for something less bike-styled.

Diawl
    Free Member

I got a pair of these from Go Outdoors with their price match minus 10% policy. They felt a bit narrow at first but wore in quite nicely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What shoes for both on and off the bike?’ is closed to new replies.