Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What saddle for an absolute biffer of a bloke?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

What do the big lads out there rate, a mate at work is about 20 stone and is resurecting an old MTB to riding with his kids… Looking for a bit of comfort… I would say support buit short of going to DFS I cant think what would be comfy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Halfords have some real sofas of saddles for reasonable prices and well made.

bigsi
    Free Member

WTB PureV.

Fits like a glove 😯

tinsy
    Free Member

What like a gloved hand? no wonder you have this face… 😯

On a serious note is that what you use then bigsi?

hillsplease

17st and Selle Italia Flite, Fizik Arione, SDG Bel Air (old type) OR a dead cheap Planet X one. Frasnkly al lequally good for a couple of hours, If going over 6 hrs then Flite, Arione or Bel Air.

The Brooks creaks a lot, but isn’t bad at all if he can stand to break it in.

momo

18st here and using a wtb rocket v stealth with ti rails., not quite as comfy as my old ti railed flite though ( would have bought another one, but couldn’t face the months of pain while breaking it in!)

Badger
    Free Member

A Specialized Rival 155mm

Lots of padding but also the v groove thing to not cut the blood off to his nadgers.

Also not too expensive.

Badger

BFITH
    Free Member

17.5st – used to have a WTB pure which was good…that wore out and I got a Charge Spoon….looks narrow but surprisingly comfy (and cheap!)

tinsy
    Free Member

It all the usual saddle suspects then really, seems a lot of votes for the WTB, all the same saddles as I have been through at 12st… I am onto a spoon myself and find it good, but rekon the WTB has most votes so far.

Cheers lads.

bigsi
    Free Member

Tinsy – Yep thats what i use and its taken some punishment over the last 15mths even with my sizable bulk on it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What saddle for an absolute biffer of a bloke?’ is closed to new replies.