Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What rims to replace Hope Enduro
  • scandal42
    Free Member

My rear rim has a bit of a dint in it that doesn’t look fixable, basically has a very noticeable bulge where it’s taken a direct hit.

The hubs are the hope pro 4’s and I’d like to keep them to be re-built onto something else.

Not looking to spend too much but any recommendations for approx 30mm inner rim?

sharkattack

I like my DT Swiss XM481’s. They’re not cheap but I found them with 20% off. Keep an eye on the German websites for discounts.

SirHC

DT EX471/XM421, both much stronger than the Hope Enduro and lighter.

Akers

Depending on how hard you ride either a DT Swiss XM 481 or even tougher EX 511 would be a good shout.

dair86
    Free Member

Yup, dt swiss ex471,survived all iv thrown at them. Gwin rode without a tyre on one and finished.

joebristol

Same – DT swiss xm481’s are 30mm internal width – and pretty sturdy without going to ex511 strength / weight.

Starbike had the best price for them when I bought mine a while back

sharkattack

DT swiss xm481’s are 30mm internal width – and pretty sturdy without going to ex511 strength / weight.

That was my thinking. I know there are stronger rims available (how many world cup DH riders use EX471?) but I wanted the lightest rim I could reasonably get away with to see how it feels. Compared to the Hope 35w I had, it feels like a new bike.

If I burst them in the Alps or on an uplift day I’ll suck it up and go a bit stronger/heavier.

Simon

I’ve got a pair of XM481s ready to replace my Hope Enduro rims when I get time to swap them. The rear is looking pretty battered. I’m hoping I can use the same spokes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What rims to replace Hope Enduro’ is closed to new replies.