Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What rigid fork?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of a rigid fork on the SS I’m building up. Requirements are light(ish) and complient (so no DMR Trailblades etc!). Obviously a Pace RC31 is at the top of the list but is there anything else thats nearly as good but cheaper? Does anyone run the Superstar/Nukeproof/Exotic carbon forks? Any good? Seem excellent VFM. Or for steel, how about a Salsa Cromoto? Looks like a good bet…

Anything else? Want to spend £100 max.

noteeth
    Free Member

Salsa Cromoto FTW.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Exotic forks are great I have a set and I have gave them a good hammering over four or so rides since I bought them. I really rate them for the money. I weigh in around 16 stone and for my style of riding I can’t fault them. I was also very surprised how much of the bumps they soak up too compared to a lot of rigid carbon and steel forks I have used.

I can’t see anything coming in as good at that price or even more expensive. Only problem I can see with mine is that the brake rubs when I hammer the pedals hard. Anyone else notice this?

rewski
    Free Member

I had my heart set on a set of Syncros FL carbon forks until I found out they’re £460.

clubber
    Free Member

+1 for Exotics – cheap, reliable, even look decent.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I’m quite keen to try some of the Hylix forks that trail rat uses on this forum. Might sell these Exotic ones steerer is about 245-250mm and in mint condition I think! if anyone is interested email me

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d be interested in the Exotics if it wasn’t for the ‘good hammering’ and ’16 stone’ thing above! 😉

clubber
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about that, Davey. I tick both of those boxes and mine have done three years now…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Have NukeProof and Salsa Cromoto. Definitely NukeProof/Superstar/Exotic for lightweight and comfort. The new Syncros look good.
    Seth not noticed rubbing, but they do screech a bit when braking (don’t with sus forks on).

Blower
    Free Member

on-one carbon

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/carbon-vs-steel-rigid-forks

Those Syncros have a claimed weight of 530gms, my NukeProof are 791gms

EDIT WOH!!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers all, think I’ve decided I want carbon. Now just to find something!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.