Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • What puts you off making a purchase from a bike shop?
  • simondbarnes

So what are Track Nuts then ?

They’re for attaching your hubs to your frame.

BruceWee

‘I’m looking for a replacement spoke for a Mavic Crossride wheel’ ‘The only way to get them is to contact Mavic directly.’

To be fair, that’s what I would have assumed. Or at least that you would have to contact one of their dealers. Is it something that most bike shops should carry?

simondbarnes

s it something that most bike shops should carry?

I wouldn’t expect them to. A decent dealer should have a Mavic spoke kit that has a selection of the most common spokes but certainly doesn’t cover everything.

bencooper
    Free Member

I don’t deal with Mavic, but from discussions on bike forums it seems getting spare spokes for their wheels is a total PITA.

simondbarnes

it seems getting spare spokes for their wheels is a total PITA.

It’s actually really easy. Find the correct spoke using their part finder, put the code into the search box on their B2B and order some. It’s not cheap (spokes generally come in a pack to do one side of a wheel & there is carriage too) but it’s pretty easy 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Fair enough, put it down to whining LBS people 😉

simondbarnes

Fair enough, put it down to whining LBS people

Well not many punters want to pay for a pack of spokes plus carriage when one of theirs breaks 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘What puts you off making a purchase from a bike shop?’ is closed to new replies.