Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Psi are you running in your Camber Evo? (Or similar FS 29er)
  • bomberman
    Free Member

I’ve tried 29/30 front and rear and it felt good, nice and grippy. Also had them at 38/40 and the front pinged off rocks a bit too much. New to 29ers.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have a spectral 29er, I’m a big fella – 6’2″ and 16 stone, 17 front, 21 rear. Shorty front, smorgasbord rear, both tubeless. Also have a Yeti SB66, run that slightly harder, 20F, 25R, but that’s generally cos it’s used for lakes etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rider weight, terrain and tyre volume are more relevant than bike.

Sounds like 29/30 worked for you?

bomberman
    Free Member

Yeah it felt pretty good but this whole 29er thing is new to me, sounds like as low as you can go is the way forward! I do use a few roads to connect the good bits so I like to keep rolling resistance to a minimum on the back, running a small block eight on my heckler but can’t find it in a 2.3 29er? Guess that’s the trouble with big wheels there just isn’t the choice of tyres. I’ll keep it at around 30 and see how it goes. Thanks for the input!

kd48

I run my Camber Evo tubeless with a Conti Trail King 2.2 up front and a Mountain King 2 on the back at 20 & 25psi respectively. I’m about 80kg and ride lots of rooty, loamy stuff, I put 2 or so more in each for trail centre stuff. Hope that helps.

bomberman
    Free Member

Thing is, I used to run 38 and 40 psi in my 26″ wheeled heckler. I set it up to roll as fast as possible and still corner and just set the suspension to absorb most of the bumps. Brilliant bike. Camber is definitely a different animal

bomberman
    Free Member

Kd48 what did you think of the tyres that were on there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Psi are you running in your Camber Evo? (Or similar FS 29er)’ is closed to new replies.