Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What paint to repaint double yellow lines?
  • ianfitz
    Free Member

The council won’t do this and as its outside a local school it may need to be done guerilla style.

what paint would be best and where is it available from?

Markie
    Free Member

The woman who painted double yellow lines under our wedding bus as it waited for our service to end just used a household gloss…

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.promain.co.uk/product/Centrecoat_Thermoplastic_Line_Marking_Tape_id3439

Road Line Marking Tape applied by heat gun. Ideal for highway marking reinstatement, new road markings, car parks, footpaths, cycleways, airports, ports, playgrounds and hard sports surfaces. Fast permanent reinstatement of road markings, requiring only one person and a gas torch – very cost effective. Clean, crisp road markings created in minutes that can be used almost immediately.

with blow torch?

wwaswas

they’ll bill you;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/429266/Man-is-billed-150-for-repainting-white-line-outside-his-house

[edit] I suspect they’ll be unenforceable if not done by the council, too.

Free Member

Try this stuff, thermoplastic tape and melt it on with a heat gun. give a consistent and professional look and is dead simple to do.

http://www.promain.co.uk/product/Centrecoat_Thermoplastic_Line_Marking_Tape_id3439

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Sui
    Free Member

there you go

edit: beaten as well (got distracted)

Cougar

Is it even legal? Interfering with the Queen’s Highways (matron) or something, I’d have thought. Otherwise, any munchkin could lay their own markings down.

Actually, no, wait, that’s brilliant. I can put double yellows on the road outside my house, so no-one will park there. Then, I can park on them myself with impunity, as they’re unofficial and therefore not enforceable.

I’m going to be rich! (Or possibly, jailed.)

ianfitz
    Free Member

There are already lines in place, I don’t think anyone is planning to paint extra ones.

if the council want to get in to a legal battle about someone else doing the job they should be then bring it on!

wwaswas

What do you hope to gain by painting them? They’ll be unenforceable anyway?

[edit] the headteacher at my daughters school refused to get involved with the double yellow line parkign after being punched by a parent she asked to move her car.

Traffic wardens only attend with the police there too. If you paint the lines by hand nothing will change except enforcement action of any kidn will stop until they’re done properly.

It’s actually quite a nice school but people seem to *have* to park within 20ft of it or their brains explode.

Markie
    Free Member

if the council want to get in to a legal battle about someone else doing the job they should be then bring it on!

As the link above shows, they will.

jfletch
    Free Member

The woman who painted double yellow lines under our wedding bus as it waited for our service to end just used a household gloss…

This needs elaborating upon!

tomhoward

what paint would be best

Yellow paint.

HTH

ElVino

Have you tried your local councillor, they are normally happy to help move things like that along. it’s not normally illegal to pull up on a double line anyway to allow your kid hop out, clearway or double red are a different story.

Markie
    Free Member

This needs elaborating upon!

Just like the trailer for a rubbish movie, you’ve had the only good bit.

Basically, whilst my wife (woo!) and I were being gormlessly shepherded into some vintage deathtrap (well, that’s half right – whilst capturing me in full gorm, the photos all make my wife look unreasonably elegant), our guests were climbing aboard the double decker (I know, but my wife insisted) reception bus whilst trying not to laugh at (and thereby further incense) the furious woman outside whose home the bus had chosen to park for the duration of the service.

The bus was legally parked, the road still allowed for two lanes of moving traffic and the woman was by all accounts psychotic. She began painting the road a good 30 metres from the bus and her first line finished a further ten metres past it – she then had to go back and start again because she’d only painted a single line on the first pass. She’d completed about half of the length of the bus with her second line when the conductor asked her to please move away from the edge of the bus as they were ready to depart. They pulled away not to the sound of bells, but rather to West London fishwifery. Ace.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What paint to repaint double yellow lines?’ is closed to new replies.