Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • What is your ‘Food of Gods’?
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

Yes, I have too mastiles. It looked odd indeed!

toby1

Jaffa cakes – I’m ashamed that I have to say this so late in the thread, what the hell is wrong with you people? 🙂

Also, peanut butter on toast spread with raspberry jam, initially I thought the Americans were idiots for eating this, now I LOVE it!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

but if you don’t put the wine in you can’t have a glass while making it!

White? Bleurg! Rather have a cup of tea, or a light fruity red with it.

Has anyone ever made risotto with red wine? I did once when we didn’t have any white in – it looked like someone had butchered a small dog on our plates.

Dosn’t work does it? Nowt compared to a risotto diabolo mind – made with the blood of a pig (usually) – like rice pudding mixed with black pudding. Not for the faint hearted 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Red wine in a risotto TASTES fine, it just doesn’t look very appetising.

I have a recipe somewhere for a Champagne risotto but that sounds a total waste of money to me.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Cava risotto??

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That could be a plan – but I just don’t see how there can be any benefit using a fizzy wine over still.

And I would never have Cava in the house 😉

chvck
    Free Member

Has anyone ever made risotto with red wine? I did once when we didn’t have any white in – it looked like someone had butchered a small dog on our plates.

Yup, along with loads and loads of spiced meats and beef stock, best risotto I’ve ever made!

bassspine
    Free Member

(I don’t understand you lot: I always use red wine in paella. What’s so wrong with the colour? it goes with the chorizo chunks)

food of the gods: home made rice pudding with clotted cream.

MrOvershoot

I always use red wine in any red meat risotto I make & plenty of it too 1/2 bottle in the pan 1/2 bottle in me 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Donna meat with mint-yoghurt and chilli…

Real bad and real shite but tastes mighty fine.

skidartist
    Free Member

crumpets

Free Member

Sweet potato soup, made by a friend of mine, plenty of black pepper and a good dollop of cream in there – its almost as thick as plaster, served with fresh tiger bread and should one wish, a beer.

Mind, I had a Lamb Bhuna from the Kashmir in spital hill last night, that was flippin lovley indeed.

Avocado, Spinach & wholegrain mustard sandwiches, served on your fave loaf.

Someone on here told me about fried smoked salmon too, like a healthy bacon buttie, thats pretty damned good too.

And lastly, mum’s victoria sponge / chocolate orange cake (nigella recipe’s) both of them are luvvverrrrly.

jt

macmclaren
    Free Member

mexicana cheese – on crackers with tomato chutney. peppers mmmm

God i love it

Keva
    Free Member

what Simon Ralli said

AndyP
    Free Member

stovies

epicyclo

Recipe 1:
    Battenburg cake, stand on end in a soup bowl.
    Bottle of Port, preferably good port, but any port in a storm as they say. (Sherry, Drambuie or whisky will do)

Pour port into Battenburg cake until it runs through, stop when you have about 5mm of port swilling in the bottom of plate.

Get small teaspoon. Start eating from the top.

Finish off Battenburg, then pick up plate and drink remaining port. By this time you won’t care that it looks naff.

epicyclo

Recipe 2:
    Oatcakes
    Spread with honey both sides
    Saucer full of whisky or rum

Lay oatcake in saucer, eat with teaspoon.

Repeat until no ingredients left.

Who says Scottish cooking sucks?

Nico
    Free Member

Ambrosia creamed rice.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Lamb shanks slow cooked in Bombardier bitter and prunes served on mashed totties. well worth the 4 hour wait and even better the next day.
    oh and choccy digestives with a cuppa pg tips.

chewkw
    Free Member

Satay with sweet peanut sauce from the far east. 😛

zaskar
    Free Member

Chicken Fajitas, Korma, German apple pie and chocolate ice cream.

SIS recovery drink in strawberry is lush.

North Indian food.

French food too.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Wenslydale with cramberries on Ritz crackers helped down with fresh chilled green grapes and all washed away with Masarlla desert wine or Port, at a push

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

My mate’s bird’s slow-roast lamb.

Tiramisu.

Highland Langoustines.

Applecross inn… anything on their menu! You can see the hut that Monty Hall was using on the 1:25000 OS map.

hora
    Free Member

Ambrosia creamed rice

Before going off on a Cub camping holiday my Mum bought a huge tin and we ate it between us. 😀

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Apple crumble and custard.

The apple with a sprinkling of ginger, lots of crumble, and LOTS of custard.

mrsflash
    Free Member

And I would never have Cava in the house

but good cava can be lovely!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What is your ‘Food of Gods’?’ is closed to new replies.