Home Forums Chat Forum What is wrong in this photo?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What is wrong in this photo?
  • penguinni

Taken last weekend in Menorca it’s an Orbea Wild hire bike.

IMG_7676

hoops

3 chainring bolts have become free-range?

bens
    Free Member

I’d like a few more chainring bolts if it was mine…

the-muffin-man

It’s a motorbike – not a bike! ;-)

penguinni

Yep! The bike was hired to me like that but I didnt notice until looking at the photo later that evening – I assumed the others had fallen out during the ride.

The fourth bolt fell out mid ride which could have been catastrophic had I been moving fast – I had just started off after a rest. I found the bolt lying nearby and refitted but had to stick to the roads on my way back to the hotel and check it regularly. Tad annoying that I missed some trails but still managed 29 miles on my first ride outside UK and it was brilliant. Very warm and very beautiful.

But always check your hire bike folks!

P

nicko74

Might be the lighting, but it looks like the chain’s about to come off the chainring.

Oh, and the chainring might be about to come off the bike…

fasthaggis

Wrong pedals,E- bikers only use flats. Lolz,winky, etc,etc

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Pedals not level and a leaf on the floor tiles

andrewh
    Free Member

Bdbxnx

ossify

Wrong pedals,E- bikers only use flats. Lolz,winky, etc,etc

Those are double sided special one-size-fits-all hire bike pedals.

I assumed the others had fallen out during the ride.

Which is just as bad as them hiring it to you without them. Some basic checks between customers would be useful, you’d have thought.

CountZero

A good reason to always carry a bunch of zip ties of various sizes in a bag. Years ago I’d had a bike built up from bits from a previous bike, and the shop used a Shimano chain. It broke on my way home from work, an eight mile ride, and I didn’t have a spare split-link, but I did have some small zip ties. I had to be very careful and use very little pressure on the pedals, but it got me home without pushing the bike for nearly five miles.

Turns out the Shimano chains at that time were made of cheese, or near enough.

andrewh
    Free Member

andrewh
    Free Member

What is wrong in this photo?

Djdjnd

Edukator
    Free Member

Turns out the Shimano chains at that time were made of cheese, or near enough.

Probably a counterfeit chain, if you still have the chain check the vids that show how to tell the difference.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.