• This topic has 95 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by tron.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • What is going on with Jack Straw?
  • br
    Free Member

One of the most stupid politicians we have ever had in a position of power

You’re wrong TJ, Jack Straw is one of the most able Politicians of the current era. And that is not something anyone should be proud of… 😐

He’d happily sell his relatives to progress, one J. Straw.

And if he is saying this, then its because he thinks there is mileage in it for him.

And as for the ‘young’ Asian mens attitudes, of course he is right – the ones down here think they own the place. Gobby little s****.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

And if he is saying this, then its because he thinks there is mileage in it for him.

A cynical person would guess that there might be a bye-election in a North-Western constituency sometime soon,,,

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And as for the ‘young’ Asian mens attitudes, of course he is right – the ones down here think they own the place. Gobby little s****.

😕

I find that young men, regardless of colour, tend to behave like this in general really.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BR – I have to disagree. I never had time for straw.

AS an aside about how complex this interaction between Muslim men and white women is: I employed 2 Muslim men as domestics in a nursing home I ran. Thier immediate boss was a white working class woman and they had difficulty in taking instruction from her – but equally she had difficulty in treating them as a valued part of the team and was always looking for fault

However the residents loved them – they treated the elderly female residents with a courtesy that you rarely see and that the residents cherished

br
    Free Member

BR – I have to disagree. I never had time for straw.

TJ – I didn’t say I had time for him, in fact for me he is one of the worst – you need to read what I actually said.

kimbers

what is also not being said is where are the parents of these girls?

by vulnerable, i assume they are in social care
    so theyve been failed by their white parents and society

poverty and deprivation poor education etc are the real issues here in modern british society and its true regardless of skin colour or culture of the victims or perpatrators

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

poverty and deprivation poor education etc are the real issues here in modern british society and its true regardless of skin colour

Didn’t Straw and the rest of NuLab wipe out child poverty and devote themselves to “Education, education, education” in their many years in power? No?

Oh, my mistake, sorry. They just spouted mindless platitudes and lined their pockets. Criminal scum the lot of them.

Of course, I am sure that somehow, someone will blame teheviltoryscum for all of the failings you list above, because it can’t have been anything to do with the last decade of Labour mismanagement of their beloved client state, can it?

kimbers

and wasnt it the previous tory government that laid waste to the region in the 1st place

KT1973
    Free Member

Not just a British problem
    and Junkyard, you know fine well….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Didn’t Straw and the rest of NuLab wipe out child poverty and devote themselves to “Education, education, education” in their many years in power? No?

Well they did a hell of a lot more to alleviate it than your mob ever have done, Flashy.

Not that you know anything about Child Poverty anyway, other than what you saw on telly once… 🙄

Mugboo

Its high time we moved away from calling things like this racist.

Its a fact its happened and right now its still happening.

We need less ‘up in arms’, more ‘facing reality’ and then we can get on with fixing the problem.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am afraid their “high moral”, culture or religion or both, dominates their thinking as they see others as lower beings of loose morals so convinced themselves to have the rights to violate. No surprise there.

In the name of Dear Leader he will not object to waterboarding them for fun due to his supreme moral rights on all beings. 😈

DarkStarr
    Free Member

The people that did this are arsehole paedophiles, last year it was a gang of White men doing this shit. We should concentrate on ensuring vulnerable young women of any ethnicity are protected against these kind of people.

Northwind

Mr Woppit – Member

“Young Pakistani men are picking up very young, vulnerable Caucasian girls, feeding them drink and drugs and making them believe that this is love.”

Again, remove the word “pakistani” from that sentence and you’re golden.

“As I understand it, the perpetrators consider the young girls to be of less worth than the girls of similar age in their own ethic/religious group because of the way they behave and the way they dress, ie: they think of them as “sluts” and deserving of their fate, unlike the girls from their own background, who dress more modestly and don’t behave in as outgoing a manner.”

Or- try this one on- they do it to these girls because it’s relatively easy, whereas they don’t do it to girls from their own background because it’s relatively difficult. Predators target the vulnerable. Is it any more complicated than that? Motive and opportunity.

And if a man targets a vulnerable kid- on the streets or otherwise exposed- then chances are, it’s going to be a white kid, it’s simple numbers here.

Also, it’s not a racial or ethnic thing that makes rapists try to justify their actions- “She deserved it, dressing like that, she was asking for it, she knew what she was doing, the slag”. Does anyone seriously believe that this is a pakistani trait rather than a sh*tehawk trait?

br
    Free Member

The Egyptian thing we’ve seen.

My wife took my son for a weeks’ holiday/diving in Sharm el Sheikh a few years ago, never again.

The Asians who worked there were fine, but the Egyptians treated her as though she was a ‘whore’.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BR – I don’t think he is “one of the most able Politicians of the current era”

I think he is a stupid small mined bigot with the common sense of a treestump and the political nous of a teabag

bloodynora
    Free Member

Jack Straws ‘surprise’ handshake with Mugabe was good though 😀

mugboo + 1

im from blackburn and I have to say that from my experience I think he has a point. Obviously not all young muslim men but its certainly an underestimated problem.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I have yet to see any evidence of this frequent and relatively widespread activity, as described, being engaged in by any other large ethnically-identifiable group of any significant size.

kimbers

woppit…… apart from white british men as straw said they make up the majority of paedophiles in prisons
    so the answer is simple sterilise any white male who spends a lot of time on the internet

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Different crime. Different ethnic grouping.

druidh
    Free Member

At the risk of breaking some obscure law, I’ll just say that I’ve seen the down-side of the Jack Straw comments.

A few years ago, I was a juror on a rape trial. Tall, blonde scandinavian girl. Turkish-German guy. Before we’d even heard any evidence, we retire to the jury room, whereupon two male jurors started to chat about it and decided that he was guilty because “you know how his sort treat women”.

Whether Jack Straw is correct or incorrect in his views, it is stupid of him to allow himself to be seen to be racist in this way.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Loads of Pakistani lads in Hounslow are poorly educated as they can’t be bothered. Owning a BMW 320 from the ’90s matters more to many of them than education. These will go on the pull looking for young naive girls. I’ve seen it way too many times there, sadly.
    The educated ones don’t tend to behave like that. Again, from personal experiences.
    I don’t think all Pakistani lads are bad, loads are because they don’t know any other option. Not a good excuse, is it?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but Hairy; again, I could say exactly the same thing about white or black lads round here. Young lads are young lads. Why are you picking up on their colour/ethnicity? And do you specifically mean the Pakistanis? Only most Asians in Hounslow are of Indian origin.

Northwind

Mr Woppit – Member

“I have yet to see any evidence of this frequent and relatively widespread activity, as described, being engaged in by any other large ethnically-identifiable group of any significant size.”

Have you seen any evidence of this activity being frequent and widespread in the pakistani community either?

Following on from earlier comments of mine and a bit off topic I expect a flaming, but I have a genuine question…….

Whenever I work in a city, I see a lot of very, very flash cars driving around, predominately driven by young Asian men. This isn’t a one off observation, it’s very common.

Does anyone know why this is such a common feature of big cities? They may well have been earned legitimately, although they never seem to be being used in a work capacity. Do Aian men work hard and play hard as a rule – I know the eduction and work ethic can be a driving force amongst Asians, hence a lot of successful graduates, doctors etc? It just seems to me that there seems to be a lot of Porsche’s, BMW’s, Merc’s and Ferrari’s being driven around by Asians in their 20’s and early 30’s not doing a lot else.

As I say, it may be a tough work ethic, hence the reason I don’t see so many lazy assed white boys in the same fortunate situation….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Have you seen any evidence of this activity being frequent and widespread in the pakistani community either?

Isn’t that what we are talking about?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR, two things count here;
    Living at home with parents/family
    Living on credit cards

Northwind

Mr Woppit – Member

Have you seen any evidence of this activity being frequent and widespread in the pakistani community either?”

Isn’t that what we are talking about?

There’s been one recent highly public case. So have you seen any evidence of this activity being frequent and widespread in the pakistani community?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

STR; re the flashy cars:

A car is a very desirable thing, amongst many young men in general, but particularly with young Asian men, it’s true. I do know that where I live, young lads will buy BMWs and that on finance a lot, yet work hard to pay them off. Lots live with family, so have low living costs. Hence they can ‘afford’ a nice motor. There are an awful lot of repossessions, and in fact many cars are picked up cheap at repo auctions!

As for the Porsches and Ferraris etc; quite a few will be hired out for the day/week, particularly at festivals like Eid. Several lads will chip in, so they can drive around in a nice motor for the day. Bloody daft all that, if you ask me, but hey ho.

Some happen to just be rich. Brown people can be wealthy too you know. Where I live, I see young white men driving about in flashy cars, but people rarely comment on such things.

I know some blokes my age who drive Porsches and that, but that’s because they co-own a successful restaurant. Some Asians are very resourceful and just know how to make money. Like Anyone I spose.

Hope that answers a few questions for you. You do seem to have a lot of assumptions about Asian people though, yet display little real knowledge of their culture and lifestyle. Seems like you see young Asian lads in nice cars, and think ‘where did they get the money for that from?’ Almost as though you resent them having nice things. Do you feel the same if you see a young white lad in a nice motor?

Of course, some of ’em could be drug dealers. You get a few of them round my way too…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Elf, because in my experience Pakistani lads were leaving school earlier than Indian ones.
    Besides, most Indians there are Hindu not Muslims.

binners

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – we get a lot of that kind of thing around these parts (Republic of Mancunia)

The area I live in has a very large Asian community. It always makes me laugh. The Asian lads dive around it properly pimped our Scoobies and Beemers. Spoilers all over the shop and tacky graphics. Everything screams “LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!”

They get out of their ego-chariots and they’re dressed head to toe in Armani, loads of bling. Again, all screaming “LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!”

They seem to be taking all their cues from horrible bling gangsta rap culture

Then you’ll see them with their wives. Their wives will always (and I do mean ALWAYS) be in traditional modest Muslim clothing. Always with headscarves and sometimes fully veiled.

The rank hypocrisy of these Muslim has to be seen at close quarters to be believed

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The rank hypocrisy of these Muslim has to be seen at close quarters to be believed

Binners; have a look at this forum. Have a look at the ‘who’s got the blingest bike’ thread. Think about all the ‘What watch shall I buy for £5000’ type threads. People on here like to show off too, they just do it in different ways. As for attitudes towards women; how many blokes on here post up pics of sexy women, leer over them and make comments about ‘kicking back doors in’ and other such crap? Yet would they accept it if it were another bloke talking about their wife, sister or daughter? Would they hell. Hypocrites? Yep.

I agree that there are issues surrounding the attitudes of some young Asian men towards women. I’ve tried to offer explanation and insight, in order that others may try to learn and understand. I don’t deny that there are problems within our communities.

What disappoints me, is it seems to have become an opportunity for some people to attack cultures and groups they obviously have very little understanding of, and are resentful towards. Some proper boneheaded ignorance on here sometimes.

As for ‘Ego Chariots’, I wonder where they got the idea from?

Elfin – every time I see a nice motor, I’ll look up and working in cities 90% of the time they are driven by Asians.

Occassionally I’ll see a Porsche, or a Ferrari driven by a 20/30 something white bloke and it crosses my mind how they’ve made their money just as it does with an Asian lad – it just doesn’t happen as often.

I spend all day, every day working at the side of the road. I’m not making this up, it’s just an observation.

I don’t resent anyone having any material possession (earned legitimately) and as I intimated in my previous post if an asian lad has gained wealth through a good work ethic, then all the best to them – I’m cynical to say the least and would go so far as to say your lack of cynisysm may even be a bit naive.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin – every time I see a nice motor, I’ll look up and working in cities 90% of the time they are driven by Asians.

So what? So they’ve got a nice motor. Why do you notice what colour they are? Why’s that even relevant? I’d say 99% of all mountain bikers I’ve seen are White. What does that mean?

Strikes me you’re resentful, because someone’s got something you haven’t.

I’m cynical to say the least and would go so far as to say your lack of cynisysm may even be a bit naive.

What is your cynicism based on? Considering your obvious lack of real knowledge of Asian culture.

S’ok; I’m reading between the lines here. I know what you’re saying. And as I said earlier; heard it all before….

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Strikes me you’re resentful, because someone’s got something you haven’t.

Elfinism innit 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm, no Z-11, but carry on being deluded.

Why do you notice what colour they are? Why’s that even relevant? I’d say 99% of all mountain bikers I’ve seen are White. What does that mean?

That you’ve noticed 99% of them are white?

Why do you notice what colour they are?

Can’t say it’s ever crossed my mind what colour an MTB’er is, as it’s irrelevant.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why do you notice what colour they are?

Erm, because it’s kind of hard not to notice, you know? What someone’s right in front of you, and not behind a windscreen. And also, when there’s bin discussions on here about why more Black and Asian people don’t mtb, then I’ve considered my own experience in terms of the ethnicity of my fellow Mtbers, because it’s relevant in that particular context.

Nice attempt at clutching at straws, mind. 😉

Can’t say it’s ever crossed my mind what colour an MTB’er is, as it’s irrelevant.

So why is a driver’s colour relevant then?

Edric64
    Free Member

Why do you notice what colour they are? Why’s that even relevant? I’d say 99% of all mountain bikers I’ve seen are White. What does that mean?

With the mud around at the moment most of us are brown.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘What is going on with Jack Straw?’ is closed to new replies.