• This topic has 43 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What is "business casual"?
  • br
    Free Member

You can never be overdressed, but you can be underdressed.

For Business Casual I just remove my tie, end of.

willard

Our company classes business casual as sand/stone coloured chinos and a blue oxford-style shirt with shoes and no tie.

Thing is, in a hot climate, you’ll melt and looks really rubbish with dark blue sweat rings, so maybe a cream linen suit and a white shirt, no tie? No trainers though. Please.

Note: This is the one situation where tweed is contraindicated. It’s good, but very much a temperate/cold climate material.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thing is, in a hot climate, you’ll melt and looks really rubbish with dark blue sweat rings, so maybe a cream linen suit and a white shirt, no tie? No trainers though. Please.

Note: This is the one situation where tweed is contraindicated. It’s good, but very much a temperate/cold climate material.

This is good sense!

When I’m in Singapore/Hong Kong etc, the blue shirts stay very much at home. White and/or pale pink are the way.

br
    Free Member

Or just buy a couple of silk suits while you are there – well works for Asia anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What is "business casual"?’ is closed to new replies.