Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What headset for a Banshee Prime (44/56 tapered)?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Banshee Prime and I’m starting to get the build kit together – can someone help me with the right zerostack headset – there seems to be a lot of choice and I don’t want to eff it up?

I’m going to be using tapered Fox 34s too.

Is this right (from Cane Creek site)?

Top Headset:
    SHIS:ZS44 – 1-1/8″ ZeroStack (ZS) Threadless
    Bottom Headset:
    SHIS:ZS56/30 – 1.5″ ZeroStack (ZS) to 1-1/8″ Conversion
    click below to view Cane Creek headsets that fit your bike

rhayter

If you’re going to build it yourself, you’ll have an easier time if you use a Hope headset as they have a split crown race which requires no tools to fit. Have a look at this: http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

44/56 is pretty common; it’s the same as Trek’s E2 ‘standard’.

slowrider
    Free Member

What he said, I went hope on my recent banshee build, very simple to get the right one.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I just built up a spitfire v2 and used the banshee headset, it comes with split crown races for both fork options. Easy to install, so far so good!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Would this do the trick?
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=424

I will likely fit myself so split crown race would be great – anything for less than £50?

chopchop
    Free Member

I bought a Hope 44/56 ZS to replace that superstar one (only lasted two months)- buy cheap, buy twice.

I paid £56 posted from UKbikestore.co.uk for the Hope.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Ok, consensus is for Hope mix and match which I can get for £50 on ukbikestore (thanks for the heads up chopchop).

Now which of the myriad choices do I want? Number 2 integral top with an E bottom?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Need build pictures when it arrives!!I’m VERY tempted.I’m assuming you took the double barrel option (unless you are in fact,insane).

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Yep, XL black with a CC double barrel air. Got a set of Fox 34s waiting at home, can’t wait.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stop buggering about on here and get her built!! 😉

scruff
    Free Member

*Hijack* – I have a new Banshee Munro headest to fit straight steerer and 1/1/8 to 1 1/2 headtube. Taken off my new Legend. Email in profile if interested.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Wish it was that easy Rorshach, the fork is at home, but the frame is not due to the 20th. The suspense is killing me.

Thanks Scruff but getting a headset from my LBS where I bought the frame.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Booooooo

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack but I’m waiting for my new prime to arrive, 20th you say 😀 well excited, I too have all the bits waiting to go on now near enough. I went for a raw tho in L 8)

dexterbexley
    Free Member

I got a black one as I was aiming for the stealth/murdered out look sim to one half way down this page

singlespeedstu

Hope headset as they have a split crown race which requires no tools to fit.

You need a special tool to fit a crown race. 😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What headset for a Banshee Prime (44/56 tapered)?’ is closed to new replies.