Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What fresh hell is this?
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/may/28/eu-citizens-car-hire-switzerland

I’ve already hired a car to drive to Morzine. Is this for real?

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

One for the Brexit enthusiasts 😆

Spin
    Free Member

It seems it is. There was a thread on UKC about it recently from a guy who only found out at Geneva and had to go to the French side to hire another car.

Clover

Guess Switzerland should have joined the EU.

honourablegeorge

Hire it at the French side of the airport, and use the French road in and out

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Guess Switzerland the UK should’nt have joined the EU.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Let’s not disappear down that particular discussion vacuum!

It was surprisingly easy to cancel with EasyCar. No charges or anything – brownie points all round.

We have booked a group transfer instead.

It’s utterly ridiculous, come ski season the place is going to be a shambles.

jimdubleyou

It’s utterly ridiculous, come ski season the place is going to be a shambles.

IME, most people only go for a week so 8 days should cover it nicely.

whitestone
    Free Member

In the USA you have to specify that you intend to drive in to a different state from where you hire it and that’s just one country (allegedly).

It always used to be the case in Europe that you had to inform the care hire company if you wished to use the car in a different country, these are Europcar’s conditions:
    If you wish to take the Vehicle outside the country of rental, you must check that the Europcar Country’s Terms & Conditions so permit you and, where necessary, obtain Europcar’s prior written consent.

eightyeight
    Free Member

IME, most people only go for a week so 8 days should cover it nicely.

The time limit isn’t completely clear. I’ve read conflicting reports that it’s for any amount of time.

scotia
    Free Member

yes very real.. i think im ok as i live in switzerland but have a swiss driving licence but will be checking that!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What fresh hell is this?’ is closed to new replies.