Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • What Flat Pedals?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m after some new flat pedals, they need to be strong enough to take my 105kg, grippy as possible, under £60 and preferably orange! What would you recommend? Ta

Northwind

Nanos, from whatever vendor of Nanos is currently cheapest.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Do you mean Superstar Nanos or are there others called Nanos?

weeksy

Wellgo B-54.

wukfit
    Free Member

I really like the shimano saint pedal, if shop around they’re about £45
    Not available in orange though

DougD

superstar nanos

MadPierre

Saints. < 50 quid, look good and Shimano reliability.

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    andymc06
    Free Member

+1 Nanos

jedi

im always looking for a flat pedal that doesnt develop play in the bearings after a couple of months. they all do it it seems 🙁

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

+1 Carbon Cycles Exotic

haribojangles
    Free Member

I have a set of the saint pedals and they are awesome. Spank spikes are nice they sit nice and close to the crank arm so you get no flex. I have a second hand set in red and silver if your interested.

zerocool

I’ve got a pair of Gusset Slim Jims and they’re still going strong after several years of abuse (swapped the pins for longer ones though). Although for the price I’ll probably replace them with Superstar Nanos when the time comes as I have only heard and seen good things about them (apart from the paint coming off)

bigbloke
    Free Member

Another vote here for CarbonCycles Exotic Nanos but cheaper.

Coyote
    Free Member

50/50 here and never had a problem.

jonba
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    im always looking for a flat pedal that doesnt develop play in the bearings after a couple of months. they all do it it seems

So am I

It is always the bushings at the crank side and they are a PITA to replace compared to the bearings. On nanos you have two threaded inserts and 2 sealed bearings on the outward side but the inside bushing is protected by a rubbish rubber seal.

Still recommend nanos as I’ve not found anything better for the price. The bushings can be replaced although it is fiddly.

PiknMix
    Free Member

+1 Nanos, surprisingly grippy and thin enough to wrap your toes round.

honourablegeorge

jedi – Member
    im always looking for a flat pedal that doesnt develop play in the bearings after a couple of months. they all do it it seems

My vaults did that, but it was incredibly easy to fix. Just a clean and grease.

milko9000
    Free Member

Anyone got any advice on servicing Nanos? Mine have play in them and I can’t get the nut off the damn things inside the pedal after removing the two end caps, the only tool I have with a narrow enough socket to get in there doesn’t give me enough leverage to shift it. And then I have no idea at all how I’d get the bushing out after that, at all. Got the rebuild kit right here and no way to use it.

Thinking about getting some Saints or Vaults instead in the hope they’re easier or last longer. Or just new Nanos/Exotics and treat them as consumables that’ll only last a year.

alex222
    Free Member

+1 B-54

matther01
    Free Member

+1 for either Exotic or Nanos as they’re both the same (think exotics are £33)

wl
    Free Member

I have some Tasters Choice pedals from a firm called NRG in Canada – they look like Nanos (might be re-badged Nanos for all I know) are are absolutely ace – bearings are still good after years of UK year-round riding, and they haven’t lost a pin. Not light, but easily the strongest, grippiest and most reliable I’ve used to date, and they only cost around £45. Would be interested to hear about Gusset Nitros tho – they’re pretty light and sound ideal.

milko9000
    Free Member

Actually. With code ectend it looks like I can get the Saints for £35 from Evans, think I’ll give ’em a shot anyway at that price.

chillidave
    Free Member

Milko – that’s a bargain but can’t see the Saints on Evans, am I blind or have they just sold out?

milko9000
    Free Member

haha, I just noticed it “accelerates and decelerates at World Cup levels”. Awesome! I wonder what that even means.

chillidave
    Free Member

Top man, searching through pedals and for ‘Saint’ yielded no result. Now off for an eye tests.

Looking forward to world cup level deceleration.

bowie278
    Free Member

Nukeproof Electrons. Cheap, light and very grippy. £35

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I run Nukeproof Neutron Alu – Ti they are amazing!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Superstar nanos for me. By far the best pedal I’ve ever tried. My only regret was getting them in dark green. Really hard to find bling bits in dark green….

gribble
    Free Member

Had DMR V8s and some Nukeproof Neutrons. Like the low profile of the Nuetron, but V8s fine and cheap. Just don’t know, (and can’t be bothered to research how to do it and where to get replacement parts), how to change the bearings.

V8s on hard tail now, seem good value.

starsh78
    Free Member

SAINT!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘What Flat Pedals?’ is closed to new replies.