Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What do I want for my birthday?
  • DavidB
    Free Member

I am definitely over the hill. Wife asked me last week and I cannot think of anything (reasonable). I’m far too selfish to do one of those charity gifts. Any ideas?

peterfile
    Free Member

Massive Brewery

Got one a couple of months ago, haven’t stopped brewing since I got it!

Incredibly fun, a lifetime of entertainment and you get cheap (and bloody great) beer as a by-product!

I’m still gob smacked at the quality of the brews it’s possible to produce at home. Seriously.

arrpee
    Free Member

Uplift day if available nearby?

kayak23

How about a nice scarf?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was going to suggest the usual, you know, hookers ‘n booze, but then spotted the above^^

Peter, please do send that feedback on to Steve, it would mean a massive (geddit?) amount to him! 🙂 Great to hear my recommendation paid off!

Harry_the_Spider

DavidB
    Free Member

That is an ace idea peterfile

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Indeed it is. I’ve just added it to my Crimbo want list.

peterfile
    Free Member

David, you won’t regret it.

I’ve currently got 3 brews fermenting at the back of a cupboard and another two batches bottle conditioning in my loft.

It’s very addictive, there are so many recipes out there for your favourite beers and the ingredients are cheap. It really is crazy how good the beers turn out, even if you bugger it up you still end up with great beer. I originally hoped my brews would be drinkable, now I’m ultra critical of some of the beers I’m sold in bars on the basis that “I could do better at home” 😉

Opening a beer you brewed yourself from nothing but some grain, hops, water and yeast has got to be one of the most satisfying feeling ever. I just stare at the glass at time, marvelling at the contents!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Not sure I can wait for Christmas now with that review!

Harry_the_Spider

Just showed the missus the video on the brew kit website.

She said “no”.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

That brew kit is brilliant. On my list of things to buy.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Beer and a BJ!

dibboid
    Free Member

You will need the t shirt too. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What do I want for my birthday?’ is closed to new replies.