Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What Compact Camera?
  • forge197
    Free Member

I’ve just sold my dslr bit to big, what I would like is a compact high quality digital camera, with a decent zoom on it and be able to manual long exposures.

As there are a fair few into photography on here and some stunning examples of pictures taken thought I’d see what the thoughts were, looking around £200 – £400

jwr

I’d highly recommend taking a look at the Canon S95. It doesn’t have a huge zoom range (28-105mm), but the image quality is superb for a point-and-shoot. And it will shoot in raw.

I owned a Panasonic TZ10 briefly but was very disappointed with the image quality. I think they crammed too many pixels into the tiny sensor. The TZ7 was much better.

-j

IHN

TZ7 +1

redthunder
    Free Member

Canon Ixus 1000 hs

incognito
    Free Member

panasonic lumix TZ10

jobs a good ‘un

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies good to have some ideas the tz10 looks good value.. Heads of too read some more…….

clipper68
    Free Member

Olympus mju tough 12mp. Excellent picture quality and bloody bulletproof too.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thats pretty wierd Forge I sold my Nikon D50 yesterday and getting delivery of a Panasonic TZ7 on Monday . I thought about the TZ10 but feel Its a bit over the top with Geo tagging and the likes. Will let you know what the TZ7 is like.

grantway
    Free Member

Would say Canon G11 but the new Canon G12 is out which
    now includes 720HD video

forge197
    Free Member

Stanfree is weird I sold a nikon d80, be interested in tz7 feedback. Will look at the others to but sense lots of joy for the tz7

MrGreedy

I’ve been really pleased with my TZ7, very rarely take the DSLR out riding now. Some sample images here.

forge197
    Free Member

MrGreedy – nice shots that tz looks a good camera

5thElefant
    Free Member

Olympus Pen E-P1 can be had with a 14-42mm lens for £249. Fits in a pouch on the hip when riding or jacket pocket when not. If that’s compact enough it’s got a much bigger sensor than a ‘real’ compact.

forge197
    Free Member

Well I am now the proud owner of a TZ10 battery is charging so hope to try it out tomorrow

Thanks for all the pointers. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What Compact Camera?’ is closed to new replies.