Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What colour tie. Stw fashionistas required.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Wedding next week. Navy (very fine) pin stripe suit, new white shirt. Colour of tie?

Drac

Navy pin stripe suit. 😯

Rubber_Buccaneer

No tie, top two buttons of shirt open.

fasthaggis

OP
    Just your manly chest will do 😀

willard

Nothing with stripes or checks. Plain colour, maybe burgundy or a darker red. I’m assuming the shirt will be double cuffed and using cuff links?

nickdavies

You’re allowed 2 out of 3 to be patterned, so if a white shirt and a very fine pinstripe id go with a herringbone or other fine pattern. Purple or red. Gold if you’re feeling flash!

I’m assuming the shirt will be double cuffed and using cuff links?

Would anybody wear a single cuff with a suit?? 😯
    😉

Yak

Plain Pink

DT78
    Free Member

Personally wouldnt wear pin stripe to a wedding too businessy. I match my shirt and tie combo to my wifes outfit. This gets you lots of brownie points. Last wedding i also matched my laces to her shoes. Lots of oooos from the girlies 🙂

bensales
    Free Member

willard – Member
    Nothing with stripes or checks. Plain colour, maybe burgundy or a darker red. I’m assuming the shirt will be double cuffed and using cuff links?

This. Pretty much what I wore to a wedding a couple of weeks back.

This tie. Burgundy Blue Dot Tie – TM Lewin

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member
    No tie, top two buttons of shirt open.

Piffle. Why wear a suit to a formal occasion if you’re not going to dress properly?

Houns

Find out what colour the bridesmaid/best man are wearing. Pick a plain tie to match

peterfile
    Free Member

Would anybody wear a single cuff with a suit?

Perhaps they are:

(a) under 50
    (b) not at work
    (c) not an antiques dealer or international developments officer for stationery supplies
    (d) able to let go of the 80’s

🙂

(i’m wearing double cuffs right now btw, but I’m in the office so it’s ok 😉 )

Yak

Pink:

Or bronze with spots and a dog look:

zoo200
    Free Member

what colour is the theme of the wedding? we bought all the men blue ties to wear!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Depends on the cut of the suit, a shirt with a single linked cuff with a cutaway (not high cut away) collar is acceptable but don’t open more than the lowest button on the jacket cuff (you should never do this anyway). Dark navy woven knit tie (must be a good one or it will look tired quickly) any silk in red, gold (stay away from a wide tie in gold or any metallic) or deep red.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Not really close family so no idea of the theme or colours.
    The suit is very similar in cut/colour to the one above and I like the pink tie.
    Other suit option is car salesman/geezer light grey.

theotherjonv

why has the man with the dog got his trousers pulled up to Cowellesque height? Please tell me that’s not right!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why can’t I see the bottom of the pic with the man and dog. Want to see what colour shoes he’s got on.

everyone
    Free Member

He’s got black shoes on.

Jonv, some contemporary suits only break once on the shoes. Really fashion forward designers don’t have any break at all, check out Thom Browne suits for some proper high fashion stuff!

njee20
    Free Member

Why can’t I see the bottom of the pic with the man and dog. Want to see what colour shoes he’s got on.

Black.

I’d go pink tie myself I reckon.

Yak

why has the man with the dog got his trousers pulled up to Cowellesque height? Please tell me that’s not right!

no idea. Maybe the waistcoat is cut short? Or the beard is making his torso look short? Maybe I’m too out of touch to get it… 😕

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have no break in my trousers. Hate the look and I always have suits that are on the slender fit to match my awesome cyclist/builder physique. 😉
    Plus it apparently makes short arses like me look taller 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What colour tie. Stw fashionistas required.’ is closed to new replies.