Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What chainstay protector for a On-one Carbon 456 ?
  • Yet1man

Hi.

I tried tagging the question onto the end of a previous thread (so apologies for the repeat to anyone who answered me on that one) but I didn’t get many responses and those that did couldn’t remember exactly which model they had bought/fit nicely. So, the question remains….

What chainstay protectors are people using on their Carbon 456 ?

I had bought an XL BBB one but that just turned out to be Xlong not Xlarge !!?? and was far too small and nowhere near fitting. Any suggestions (other than old innertubes ;0) who’s using what ?

Many thanks

Michael

godzilla
    Free Member

This stuff is awesome super heavy duty, apply and remove with a hairdryer, i use it in all sorts. very very thick plus its clear.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECNOSEL-TECNO-X-CLEAR-SHEET-SHERCO-4RT-BETA-GAS-GAS-/400189358380?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d2d25012c#ht_500wt_1156

scaredypants

old inner tube, or somebody suggested self-amalgamating tape recently (dunno what that might do to the glue though)

how likely is chainsuck – much space between rings & chainstay ?

druidh
    Free Member

Inner tube and a couple of zipties is all I ever use. It’s a tighter fit than any bought protector, so you don’t get crud underneath it wearing away at the carbon.

poppa
    Free Member

If you can find a squirrel pelt, whole, you can wrap this around your chainstay and sew up the tummy. It looks really cool, but the tail can get caught in the drivetrain sometimes. I put up with this because of the looks however.

Paulio
    Free Member

I use this stuff on mine:

http://www.biketart.com/collections/frame-protection/products/framewrap

how likely is chainsuck – much space between rings & chainstay? It’s quite tight there and I have have had chainsuck where the chain got wedged quite tightly. I can’t figure out why I’m getting it though as the rings and chain were new on and I’ve checked the obvious.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What chainstay protector for a On-one Carbon 456 ?’ is closed to new replies.