Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What bleed kit for Shimano Deore brakes
  • tallsam
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a retro grouch, being a stickler for cable disc brakes and V-brakes. I do however have a set of cheapish Shimano Hydraulic disc brakes which worked fine and I’d bleed them back when I worked in a bike shop. Since leaving though I gave up on them when they needed bleeding.

I’d like to use them again so need to buy a bleed kit. From memory (I left the bike trade about 5 years ago) I need a syringe to push the mineral fluid up through the caliper and that yellow funnel thing/stopper for the lever. I’d also need a brake pad spacer.

Can anyone recommend a basic bleed kit that has all these things?

Also the oil in the system would be quite old. Should I replace it all? How much oil should I buy?

I’m aware I can just add fluid to the (flat) reservoir and collect it in a bag at the bottom but I usually found better results pushing through with a syringe from the caliper.

Brake model is BR-M485.

Cheers

kayak23

Epic are good for bleed kits and guides. Not sure on that model though.

orangespyderman

Not sure if it’s compatible with yours but if it is without a hesitation I’d get the EPIC bleed kit.

CLICKY LINKY

simon1975

2 syringes with bits of hose. Take the cap off the master cylinder, suck out old fluid with one syringe. Push new fluid up from bleed nipple on caliper. Keep taking old fluid out at top. Squeeze the lever a bit if you want.

Much easier than the fickle modern designs!

Junkyard
    Free Member

EPIC as for a few quid more you get enough to do all brakes so its worth it for that

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What bleed kit for Shimano Deore brakes’ is closed to new replies.