Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What bike challenge for next year?
  • somouk
    Free Member

Last year I did a running event, this year I’m doing tough mudder so what physical type event should I do next year?

I’d prefer something on a bike as despite it being my favourite pass time I’ve never taken part in any real events since being a teenager.

I’m after something challenging but doesn’t require too much support. I’m also no racing whippet so will be staying away from fast XC races, maybe a 12 hour solo or something?

dunmail
    Free Member

What about one of the challenges here – http://www.selfsupporteduk.net/ ?

Northwind

Glentress Seven is a really good one- a sensible length for a first time solo, always been excellent courses, and also dare I say it not as oversold and not as full of roadies-on-knobblies as some endurance-type races so less traffic jams while everyone carries their bike over a stick. I swore off these sort of things but I’ve done the Seven every year (mostly with free entry for services rendered to digging oles) and it’s almost dragged me back in.

Have you considered getting a 650b bike and going #enduro?

somouk
    Free Member

I ride a 29er hardtail at the moment and would want to ride on that. I’ll have a look at the glentress seven, my brother lives up that way and enjoys a bike ride too so might be able to rope him in.

Those self supported routes also look interesting as a simple way of getting in to long distance riding.

arbie
    Free Member

Tour de Ben Nevis, basic support, 7hrs ish in the saddle, 42miles in deepest scottish back country. or for free you could do Tweedlove Natural Tweed ride instead of glentress 7 which is just lap race

scandalous
    Free Member

Doing two long distance routes on the tripster next year

St malo to nice in 6 days in May and Utah / Death Valley to mates house in California in August

Flipping excited!!

Getting more into long distance road self supported adventures me thinks

Can’t wait for inspired to ride the movie to come out!!!

dknwhy

I’m with Scandalous ^^^. Bit of self-styled adventure is where it’s at.
    Pick 2 places and ride between them.

This site is great for just picking 2 random places and getting a linear/circular route to export onto the gps.

dunmail
    Free Member

To the OP: what was your running event and how far was it? Terrain, etc.

matther01
    Free Member

winston
    Free Member

SDW in a day?
    SDW double?

However I still think the best bike related challenge I’ve ever heard of was the Boris Bike up Ventoux

Tiger6791

Welsh Ride Thing?

spud-face

Tuck it under and be the first girl to Rampage?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What bike challenge for next year?’ is closed to new replies.