What bargain 4" travel frame for Enduro type riding?

Home Forum Bike Forum What bargain 4" travel frame for Enduro type riding?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What bargain 4" travel frame for Enduro type riding?
  • Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

Giant NRS? Any particular year? Cheers!

Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

As above, what's a bargain second hand or cheap new and would work well as a long distance ride? Simple as possible, all I can think of at the moment is an old Marin perhaps or a Orange Sub 5 in good nick. Any ideas?

Rickos

What's your definition of enduro? Enduro seems to be used for mega avalanche and stage singletrack/DH type events (like Kona Mash-Up) these days, so I doubt you mean the same thing.

z1ppy

Marin Quad suspension (mount vision pre-08 model), light, perform well and seemingly damned cheap, not just cause I have one to flog…

Premier Icon Rusty Mac
    Subscriber

these are up in the classified section

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-small-clear-out-1

seem to fit your bill

Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

Rickos sorry yes I meant enduro as in XC rather than DH enduro, so 100km xc type rides up and down.

Rusty I'm 6'1" so they look a bit small and I wouldn't touch a Scott Genius with a barge pole I'm afraid!

z1ppy I was mainly after ideas at the moment but drop me some pics and info to timbo_tepATyahoo.co.uk and I'll let you know.

toaster93

Giant NRS anyday. Have a 2002 team with full XT as my only bike, and it's awesome.

See link below for pics 😉
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44125654@N05/

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I'd agree with the NRS – I own one.

But then I've never ridden any other suspension bike so it's an easy recommendation to make 🙂

z1ppy

ddm – no problem will sort it out later hopefully, though I'll have to give it a clean or locate some piccy's of it built up.. .

thomthumb

yeah a giant – apologies for the short answer – attention span like a goldfish!!

I had the one below (03). i sold it because i wanted discs (new wheels) and the new forks – at the time the best way to do this was to buy a new bike.

i still think about buying another one. be careful with the rear end, iirc, there is a bearing that tends to seize then wear the metal it sits in or something? (not a problem unless you let your bearings seize)

z1ppy

ddmonkey what's your email?

Premier Icon jasonm945
    Subscriber

Giant Trance Frames are going cheap at the mo, a little weighty but the suspension feels bottomless!

I rode a couple of Merida's on my 2005 Marin Wolf Ridge. Only Marin I regret getting rid of!

Jay

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

If you're thinking about a Trance, I have a medium '08 frame I'll be flogging soon.

Very light and has a Pushed Float R so rides very sprightly.

Email in profile if interested, apologies for spamming if not.

Premier Icon ddmonkey
    Subscriber

Hi All,

e-mail is timbo_tepATyahooDOTcoDOTuk

Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What bargain 4" travel frame for Enduro type riding?’ is closed to new replies.