Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What 29 Front Tire
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

have tubed conti race kings in 2.2 flavour at the moment which are fine on most of the stuff i do and are a good quick tire. however, a bit scarey in the mud especialy on the front so after something of similar size casing (running rigid) but little more agressive tread – any suggestions?

Clink

Schwalbe Hans Dampf

bol

Specialized purgatory is worth a look. A fairly big 2.2, but very grippy and rolls surprisingly well. Relatively cheap too.

takisawa2

I can’t really recomend a Nevegal. Ok on the back but pants on the front. Tried a few tyres on my 29er now & wish I’d kept the Bont Jones ACX’s. I found Mountain Kings dangerous. Smallblock8’s are good in summer.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hans Dampf in pacestar

Clink

Hans Dampf in trailstar 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

Hans Dampf in Trailstar is like Velcro …….

MrTall
    Free Member

Another vote for the Purgatory here. Running one on the front of two bikes.

Edinburgh do them at £26.99 when most tyres seem to be moving to the £30-£40+ pricemark

Ringo
    Free Member

i run a nevegal up front and love it, but then ive been running a square block 8 this last week on the back 😕

emac65
    Free Member

Bonty ACX was a great front 29er tyre when I rode one,before I grew out of it(the whole 29er thing,not the tyre….. 8) )…..

Picto
    Free Member

2.35 nobby nic on mine seems pretty good in mud. Pace star version.

jameso

Specialized purgatory is worth a look. A fairly big 2.2, but very grippy and rolls surprisingly well. Relatively cheap too.

To compare to a MK 2.2″, this ^. A good winter all rounder imo, not like a mud tyre in the clag but wider-ranging. Tried a pair for a couple of months, bought another pair last week as spares / future tyres.

tazzymtb

hans dampfs are heavier than a heavy thing, 2.35 nic is ok but I rather like rocket rons front and back and they work fine even in the evil slop of winter. floaty light 2.25 pacestar on a stiff frontage at 18psi (winner winner, chicken dinner)

PICTO – I seem to have gained about a stone since mrs Joolz fed us an never ending supply of pig in oatcakes and sandwiches on yesterdays ride 😯

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What 29 Front Tire’ is closed to new replies.