Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Whamageddon 2020
  • Drac

A little over 24 hours to go and I’m still in.

tjagain

I’m still in!

allanoleary
    Free Member

Had a lucky escape today. It was going to be the next song on the radio when I parked to do a food shop. Thankfully at 6am there was no queue to get into Tesco’s car park

Drac

Yeah I was so close the other day with a similar thing I was in the car with the wife who tried to turn it back to sing along. That wasn’t happening.

fazzini

Still going…even the junior Fazzinis haven’t Whammed me 🤣

forge197
    Free Member

I’m still in, never started out to avoid but as more days past I realised I was doing well, and become an active avoider 😂

Drac

Not sure where I got 24 hours from. 😂

Anyway close call jumping in the car to charge it and the DJ announces that it had just played.

bsims
    Free Member

Still in!

Watty

I heard it at Carrow Road on Saturday. I don’t care though as I really like the song AND the video*, so there!

*It reminds me of happy Christmases long ago. Hurrah for Wham!

allanoleary
    Free Member

God WHAM it! 10.30 this morning. Start the engine and before I can even press the CD button I hear the ominous line “once bitten, twice shy…” emanating from the car stereo. I’m out

shinton
    Free Member

11:41 this morning. Yet another report from Dover on 5 Live made me hit the station change button in the car straight into the last 30 seconds.

reluctantjumper

Well I’ve done the last of the shopping and am now safely staying at home until tomorrow morning so can safely say I’ll make it this year! Best result before was the 12th, usually struggle to last the first week so it’s a definite win for me.

Next year will balance it out, probably last all of 20 mins!

Drac

Still hanging on I’ve a trip to Argos to do in a moment.

bsims
    Free Member

Heard another cover version this morning. Might make it for the first time ever.

nickdavies

Easy this year. Worked every day this month and only really been to aldi other than work and home. Did pop to Sainsbury’s last night and was a bit concerned it would get me at the last minute but got through unscathed!

One of the few covid positives! 😂

tjagain

I got Whammed at the family zoom quiz!

riklegge

Made it. I think it’s the first time ever, but I’ve made it. That’s the first thing to go my way in the entirety of 2020.

Drac

And done.

martymac

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!
    First time ever.

reluctantjumper

Same here, double my previous best!

joshvegas
    Free Member

BOOM

forge197
    Free Member

I made it too 🎄🙂 wasn’t whammed this year.

TedC

Yay – made it through for the first time.

TiRed

Winner, winner, turkey dinner. And for consolation, first track on Deezer Christmas list this morning

z1ppy

Get in!

fazzini

Made it! Merry Christmas everyone. Now, where is my Wham Greatest hits album??? 🤣 🤣 🤣

twistedpencil

Made it to Christmas 🙂 however the wife is now singing along to it…

robvalentine

Made it!* although I now have it stuck in my head.

*My noise canceling headphones work quite well so may have blocked it out in a supermarket… Does that still count?

mogrim

Made it! Cheating a bit living in Spain, but even so shopping is not entirely risk-free.

whatgoesup

Made it (plus a day If that counts)

Finally broken by watching Rick Beatos Xmas top 20. If all Xmas playlists were like this I’d be committing whammicide mid Dec every year

johnx2
    Free Member

So to celebrate, now it’s finally and so deservedly this Christmas’s number one, here’s a pretty good version:

Drac

A bit early for this year’s Christmas number 1.

johnx2
    Free Member

There’s always a smartarse…😬 this year to stop me from tears, I edited.

Drac

😂

Well they say Christmas comes earlier every year but that was going a bit far.

johnx2
    Free Member

(trying not to be pedantic and failing, it is still Christmas until the end of 5th January so I could have argued the point. But as I say, no one likes a smartarse…)

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Whamageddon 2020’ is closed to new replies.