Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Whamageddon 2020
  • Houns

What? Three days in and no whamageddon 2020 thread?

(I used the search function to look, so apologies if there’s one on page 2)

One benefit of Covid-19 is that we shouldn’t be exposed to said song as much compared to previous years.

You should all know the rules by now

https://whamageddon.com

Go!

stumpyjon

Got whammed yesterday, utter fail.

Houns

I’m only going to get caught out by the radio near the staff room at work.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I play it to myself, several times a day.

I’m a total Whamker

Houns

Does it take you to the edge of heaven?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Almost feel that rules need a Covid amendment.

WFH, and would never tune the radio to a station that might play it. Not travelling, so no chance of getting whammed in a taxi, etc.

Some of the danger has gone.

Hmm.

Houns

There will be the odd visit to the supermarket, I’ll ensure headphones are in

richardkennerley

Commercial radio been playing Christmas tunes for weeks already, got Whamkered at work a while ago.

jeffl

I got whammed on Dec 1st. Epic fail on my part.

fadda

Blimey, I forgot about this – I could have inadvertently got whammed early if I hadn’t seen this thread!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m hosting a team quiz next week, including a festive “name that tune” music round.

Would it be evil to include Last Christmas?

swavis

Seems a lot of folk were out on the 1st.

I’m still in due to wearing earplugs at work all day. It’ll be a sneaky clip on tv that gets me, or like last year when I jumped in the car, bluetooth didn’t connect, radio came on and it was playing. And I really really hated Steve Wright before that!

FB-ATB

Some of the danger has gone.

Is one missing out on a dangerWham?

dazh

I gave up on Whamageddon two years ago when I got done at 10 minutes to midnight on christmas eve.

FB-ATB

I got done at 10 minutes to midnight on christmas eve

Christmas came early then 😉

I’m hosting a team quiz next week, including a festive “name that tune” music round.

Would it be evil to include Last Christmas?

I am including it in my quiz, so no it’s totally ok to Wham a large group of friends simultaneously. Although I accidently Whammed myself in the preparation of the round.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yesterday, admittedly this might actually the first Xmas that’s come earlier than before (so to speak), but going day day 2 was hard. I almost feel like I deserve a do-over.

misteralz
    Free Member

Forgot about this until I was in a shop that was playing it earlier. FFS.

twistedpencil

Got Whammed at the weekend by my daughters playing the track.   But the good news is the game starts on the 1st Dec so I’m back in 🙂

I won’t last long, Christmas decorations are going up this weekend…

funkmasterp

This year should be a breeze. I’m the only one in the office and walk to work. No radio and music of my choosing. Won’t be visiting any shops or town centres for the foreseeable either. I’m gonna go bold and state I won’t here it at all.

reluctantjumper

Unemployed, play my own music n the cars and shopping online should mean I can beat my record of the 12th this year!

pondo

Not exposed to much radio at the moment so hoping for an unseasonably good run.

PiknMix
    Free Member

**** you Tesco ☹️

stevious

Have managed to make it to Xmas most years but this year my wife has decided she likes listening to magic fm so only lasted until the 2nd ☹️

jekkyl

I’m out as from yesterday.. Managed to avoid it with headphones all the way round the Co-op but then got whammo’d when I took them out at the post office and George Michael drifted through from the shop..

z1ppy

I am going to give this a good attempt, as everyone else is WFH, the office doesn’t have this constant shit playing this year…. Yay for Covid.. err can I say that?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I accidentally whammed myself. By accidentally singing it to my self.

bsims
    Free Member

I don’t think I have ever made it this far into December without getting Whammed, before this year.

pondo

Whammed by **** Halfords. 🙁

longmover
    Free Member

I will be Ok until around the 20th when I start travelling home, airports, trains, taxis, if I manage to get through all of that then I will get done on Christmas eve when I arrive home.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So tempting to stealth link it in this thread… https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/songs-that-sounds-amazing-through-decent-headphones

I accidentally whammed myself. By accidentally singing it to my self.

Not the original, you’re still in the game.

swavis

Gah, that’s me out. Flippin’ Radio 2 on in the workshop. Got earplugs in but everyone is on a break and the machine’s are quiet. Still better than the 2nd like last year.

Smudger666

Haha

Daughter is a student teacher on placement. She didnt know about whamaggedon and thought she’d cheer up the miserable b’stards in the staff room by playing Xmas tunes on the first Dec at lunchtime.

Cue wham and half of the teachers out of the game!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Didn’t realise this was an actual thing even though I’ve now concerted to Absolute from Heart. I’m still in and working from home and being advised not to go anywhere ever, I reckon I’ll make it for a while longer yet. I control my own flat, the fella isn’t into listening to Christmas tunes as he only listens to absolute and that’s pretty much everyone in my world so it’s going to be easy!

fadda

Not the original, you’re still in the game.

Is this right, so ms fadda hasn’t whammed me by singing in the house?

I say “singing”…

funkmasterp

Had a visit from a colleague, foolishly mentioned this to him and how this year would be a breeze. He hijacked the office Sonos and played it at full volume. I should’ve seen that one coming.

Northwind

I got taken out early this year- almost made it last time but bloody Santa drives around the streets every year fundraising for the round table and he had it on full blast, the inconsiderate prick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fadda,

TiRed

Radio 3 have not yet succumbed. But they have gone for a modern composer of the week. Danger here. And the Listening Project was getting avant guard too. Avoided shops so far. Might be safe yet.

welshfarmer91

If I apply rule 4 then I think I’m still in as whilst radio 2 is often on in the workshop the grinder does a good job of drowning it out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Whamageddon 2020’ is closed to new replies.