Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Whamageddon 2020
  • aide

Well, thats me oot, was on radio 2  at 3.30pm. Didn’t last long this year

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If I was playing, which I wasn’t (didn’t even know this was a thing until seeing this thread), I would have been out at ~0615 this morning at work… Someone in my section was playing an Xmas compilation that was semi-drowning out the depot radio, when Last Christmas came on…

whatgoesup

I spent an hour in the dentist this morning for a couple of fillings. My general anxiety* around people attacking my teeth with power tools was quickly overtaken when I noticed that there was Xmas music playing on a loop.
    The relief when the loop came back around wham-less was huge- and by that time I was kinda over the power tool action anxiety and so just settled into minor irritation about the music choice.

* I had a horrible childhood dentist

jonnyboi

Still in easily. The one benefit of 14 day Covid enforced self isolation

fadda

After an early scare, put to rest on here, I’m still in – mostly by avoiding the radio and shops completely.

Who else is still going…?

theotherjonv

out yesterday. Playing in the background of a work call, of all things. Should be a disciplinary, frankly.

Houns

I was out 5 days ago. As I feared it was the radio at work, I was sat in the staff room telling one of the staff about whamageddon, it was the next song that came on. I made her spray tea everywhere when I shouted ****!

fadda

I don’t think I’ve ever made it this far before!

breadcrumb

Surprisingly I’m still in, even after putting the local radio station on for a bit yesterday.

Helped mostly by listening to podcasts in the car and not going shopping.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m still in. I’m wfh 3 days a week so no danger there. Main danger is that I’m working part time as a supermarket delivery driver. In a different van every shift and the radio is left on, and also have to walk through the store at the start of every shift.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

My most imminent threat is next doors builders radio….

So far, so good..

Superficial
    Free Member

I thought I’d lost it, but turns out it was just a cover. Live to fight another day.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Bloody TOTP2 has done for me this year. Wasn’t even watching it, just flicking through the channels, but half a second was enough!
    Note to self – must check Radio Times (BBC) and TV Times (ITV) in future for possible danger.
    Hah, remember those days?🙄🤔

GolfChick
    Free Member

NOOOOOOoooooo should of known it would happen, come to see my parents for two weeks over Christmas and mum listens to smooth radio and I’ve just been hit! *falls down as if struck by death*

gecko76

I was whambushed by a colleague in a Christmas Zoom call last night.

sharkattack

I’m still alive. I’m usually out immediately but I’m sitting in a huge, empty office while everyone else ‘works’ from home.

6 music on the radio and I’m going home in a hour. I think I’m safe now unless I get stung by the telly at home. Although, I might have to visit a supermarket at some point.

martymac

‘Whambushed’

**** brilliant

bigdaddy

Damn it, I’m out! Whambushed by a colleague putting Christmas radio on! How dare she! That’s the furthest I’ve ever got though…

shinton
    Free Member

Still in thanks to a Whamageddon tip off by the DJ on local radio. Is that cheating?

neilthewheel

Whammed at 2.45pm. Local hardware store. I only went in to pay for a Christmas Tree. Fair enough, I s’pose.

slowoldman

DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, listen to @nedboulting playing his recorder.

TiRed

Still in. Radio 3 is serving me well…

johnx2
    Free Member

effortlessly in. Unless completing lyrics in a work quiz counts. Once bitten, but twice shy, I keep my distance…

(Hearing it playing in your head doesn’t count either, does it?)

scaredypants

put myself out last night – daughter was wrapping presents and moaning she didn’t have any christmas music

A deep, cold, cold fear gripped me as I uttered the phrase “Alexa – play some christmas music”

bitch !

slowoldman

Still in. Radio 3 is serving me well…

It’s a little oasis isn’t it?

“Alexa – play some christmas music”

Well I guess that’s what passes for a traditional Christmas these days.

reluctantjumper

I’m still in, well past my previous best of 14th so any extra day is a bonus.

beej

Still in. Made it to Christmas Eve last year before a lift with a friend, radio on… whammed.

I’m living dangerously with MsBeej and her morning crappy radio station though.

jodafett

I scored an own goal last Sunday. Putting up the Christmas tree with the kids I put on a Spotify Christmas mix. Guess what the second song was 🤦‍♂️

Drac

So far all good here. Should be easy this year no parties and many shops not playing music.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m out ffs. Walked into store this morning to start my shift and boom, first thing I heard!

beej

Listening to Planet Rock. Crappy Ozzy ballad comes on. Ms Beej says “hey, we could put on R2 and laugh at Rylan”. I say “Ah, but he might be playing Christmas songs”. Agree to live dangerously.

Turn over at 15.07.

Boom.

And now he’s gone and apologised to anyone playing Whamageddon!

fazzini

I don’t go shopping. I don’t have to listen to music at work. The only radio station I listen to when I can’t Spotify is Absolute Rock. So unless it plays whilst I watch rugby on the telly (I hit mute whenever adverts come on.) I’ll be good til the end.

matt_outandabout

I’m out.

Mrs_oab switched the radio on in the car….halfway through the wrong song.

slowoldman

So I knew I was quite safe given my social and listening activities. Popped out for a short evening ride and got Whammed by the Round Table Santa float. Bugger.

allanoleary
    Free Member

My daughter keeps putting Heart radio on in the car when I see her but so far I have managed to avoid getting whamkered…. I bet I’ll get hit when I see her on Wednesday

bsims
    Free Member

Still in, Pretty sure I’ve not made it this far before. Thought I was done for when I heard the opening bars but Mrs Sims was listening to a version in French, so all good.

ChrisL

I got Whammageddoned by the bloody Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh this evening, bah.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Whammed at 2.45pm. Local hardware store. I only went in to pay for a Christmas Tree. Fair enough, I s’pose.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Actually despite singing it to myself. I AM STILL in!

fadda

FFS – league of their own Xmas special…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Whamageddon 2020’ is closed to new replies.