Home Forums Bike Forum Wetherby Red Kite trail, slop or not?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wetherby Red Kite trail, slop or not?
  • jaymoid

Hoping to head out this week, but heard it gets very muddy near the winter.

Is it a mudfest right now or worth a trip?

Just looking for something not far & no gnarr, for a lockdown pootle with a friend.

Thanks!

Pyro

I rode some of it at the weekend as part of a longer loop and in the main it wasn’t too bad. There was only one wetter bit that I would avoid – the L-bend section just south of Sicklinghall, but you can just come down Longlands Lane to Wood Hall. Dunno what the section through Bramham estate/Old Pickhill Rash is like, I skipped it and came down the bridleways parallel to the motorway to Bramham and then west along the road.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I did it on Saturday for the first time and it’s all rideable on an ebike but you will struggle with a manual bike. I recon it’s the mudiest I have ever been but it was a great loop. I also did the loop anticlockwise. Not sure if that makes any difference as I have done various sections for years but always clockwise.

Pyro

it’s all rideable on an ebike but you will struggle with a manual bike

I was on a normal bike, it was fine!

jaymoid

It was pretty muddy, but very enjoyable, I’ll definitely be doing it again, maybe when it’s a bit less muddy. (Not gnarr but a lovely ride if anyone is wondering)

If the sections next to fields had some surfacing it’d be pretty good in all weather.

Cheers for the above advice.

This took a while to clean.
    muddy bike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wetherby Red Kite trail, slop or not?’ is closed to new replies.