Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Well, summer was nice while it lasted…
  • glenh
    Free Member

Back to rain and 7C.
    Wood burner back on.

Good job I didn’t bother cleaning my bike.

emma82
    Free Member

This god damn miserable country. I want to move somewhere hot 👿

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Summer?

That was March. We have just been through a pleasant Autumn. Now back to a prolonged winter?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Yep its pants.
    Also got wood burner sparked up 😀 but bikes are ready to go for the sunny day that will be tomorrow……

mdavids
    Free Member

I’ve went to extreme measures and bought a road bike, just sick of the slop. I mean its ok getting muddy as **** every so often but having to clean everything after every ride gets a bit tiresome. Its flippin June and my local trails are a horrible gloopy mess.

Mind you last week I was up on top of cross fell in a t-shirt and it was dry as a bone.

Drac

Rain what rain?

Kuco

It rained most of the night and all morning here 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve went to extreme measures and bought a road bike, just sick of the slop.

Funny that, for me it’s the complete opposite – a dirty off-road bike ride in wet miserable weather is doable and can be fun. But a road ride in cold wet windy weather is utterly miserable and has no redeeming qualities, road rides are for warm sunny weather imo.

rossi46
    Free Member

Nah, summers just having a shower. She smelled a bit funny. As long as she dosen’t get her hair dryer out when she’s finished, we’ll be allright 😉

beinbhan

Just back from 10 days roads biking in Mallorca looks like I missed summer 🙁

mdavids
    Free Member

I’ve went to extreme measures and bought a road bike, just sick of the slop.

Funny that, for me it’s the complete opposite – a dirty off-road bike ride in wet miserable weather is doable and can be fun. But a road ride in cold wet windy weather is utterly miserable and has no redeeming qualities, road rides are for warm sunny weather imo.

If its cold, wet and windy I just stay indoors unless I’m really desperate to get some miles in and then I’ll just accept that I’m going to get filthy and go off-road. The trails are so bad at the moment that its going to take a good few dry days/weeks to sort them out and that just aint happening. It only takes a few hours for the roads to dry out though.

djglover
    Free Member

perfect 10k race weather this morning. loving the drizzle

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ggrrr looks like Bristol bike Fest next weekend going to be manky too… can’t face 12 horus of riding in the rain..dam it! I hate UK weather.

Duggan

It’s pretty disappointing and annoying but have faith, I’m sure the sun will be back. Please God let it come back.

Binned off my local loop this morning and went for a 10k run instead. Actually quite like running in bad weather whereas cycling in bad weather often just seems tedious.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Quit the bull shit UK summers have never been a hot continuousness season, your thinking of middle America in the movies.

flip
    Free Member

Crap for riding but great news for my garden business, another good drink and when the sun returns everything wile grow like mad 8)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No TheBrick you’re right there, however we haven’t had horrific rain like we’ve had this year! just dry would be nice, can cope without beating sun!! The last few years we have had a fantastic April. So far this year we have had a grand total of 2 1/2 weeks of decent sunshines and warmth!!

Kuco

grand total of 2 1/2 weeks of decent sunshines and warmth!!

Where you get those extra 7 days from?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay I have gone back through my diary and it was only 2 weeks one in March and one in May… sorry guessing I was being optimistic!

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s nearly snowing in sheffield.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

they just temperatures down to 2 degress Monday into Tuesday night!! WTF!

SST
    Free Member

I really feel for you guys. I was in the UK a few weeks ago and the weather was, quite hoestly, crap. I wore shorts for as long as I could but, after 5 days, I cracked and pulled on tracksuit bottoms.

I love the greeness, the woods to walk in, the streams etc, but even although it stayed light until well after 9pm, you just couldn’t go out and enjoy it without a fleece on. The wind was particularly sharp.

Watching the boats on the thames on tv today, whether you are pro royal or not, you have to feel for the public that look forward to this sort of thing and then get rained on 🙁

hope the next 2 days are better for you.

sas
    Free Member

however we haven’t had horrific rain like we’ve had this year!

Remember summer 2007?

rossi46
    Free Member

I love the greeness, the woods to walk in, the streams etc, but even although it stayed light until well after 9pm, you just couldn’t go out and enjoy it without a fleece on.

If it was summer all the time we wouldn’t have any of this loveliness or a green and pleasant land. At least it’s nice and peaceful when it rains, kind of theraputic 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Quit the bull shit UK summers have never been a hot continuousness season, your thinking of middle America in the movies.

Spot on, quit bloody whining.

GJP
    Free Member

I picked up my new road bike on Friday night. Should I open a book as to when it will be dry enough to take it out for its maiden voyage 😡

Managed to get out yesterday on the MTB without too much rain, but today I just pootled down to a local cafe for some breakie in the miserable rain. Off work all next week and it looks as this shite is set to last all week

MrOvershoot

OK so I was out riding yesterday in the NW of England and the slight drizzle early in the morning had just about (and I mean just about) damped the dust down that was prevalent on the previous weeks ride over the same ground.
    We sat out at our pub stop.

I will give you today has been pants but last weekend it was 27 deg.

Quit moaning will you, I forgive those living in the south west as I know its been a “a bit” wetter than usual but just because its rained in London is not a full reflection of the UK.

Underhill
    Free Member

Been great here, just back from 2hrs round the dry & dusty local trails. Might be the last chance for a while though, rain forecast here through this week now 🙁

Glad I took last week off to enjoy it 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

Yeah weather is pants…wot are the gods doin up there…makin me have to pedal downhill at lee quarry today..ridiculous…too god dam windy…can the gods errect some trees up there for shelter…the side winds were bang out of order today……lol. ….and just who were those guys who hadn’t got a clue where to start off on the trail….they were stood right at the start sign looking all confused where to start off….lol

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Well, summer was nice while it lasted…’ is closed to new replies.