Home Forums Chat Forum Weird things you do

• This topic has 59 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by Paul-B.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Weird things you do
    Harry_the_Spider

I’d draw the line at having a crap in it though

But you can poke it down the plug hole with the other end of your toothbrush…

burntembers

If I am eating a sandwich and a packet of crisps it must be eaten sandwich half, crisps, other sandwich half. Dependant on sandwich filling and crisps, some crisps can sometimes be used as additional filling, but the bulk must be eaten in said order. Rolls, subs, baguettes etc do not escape rule and will be halved somehow to accommodate.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Riding bikes – for fun!

I know, weird!

It was once considered suspect and very weird. In my teens, I was ostracised for it and subject to intense hostility and not just from petrol heads. (and until I moved to Scotland, I never outed myself as a hill walker).

Yak

I always have to check the car door is locked, despite pressing the key fob, and hearing the usual ‘clunk’ of the lock, I have to test it by pulling the handle.

I’m worse than that as I go round and check all the handles on the van. It did have an intermittent fault a few years ago when it would randomly leave one door unlocked after locking, so I still don’t quite trust it to be all locked from pushing the fob.

irc
    Free Member

Don’t wear a helmet

ThePinkster

Don’t wear a helmet

I suppose that depends on when.

Riding a bike? Yep, weird. Going to bed? Relatively normal (I hope).

kayak23

Mate, I hate to break it to you, but the weirdest thing you do is serving salad with a pie.

By salad, I mean mushy peas.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Occasionally I spend time reading and responding to posts on online forums written by people I’ve never met. Sometimes useful, informative stuff, but increasingly more silly “chat” topics. Once I was sat in a room with a couple of people I actually know and rather than arguing we were all looking at forums and videos of cats. World’s gone mad.

Merak

When I see a Unimog I shout UNIMOG! at the top of my voice, and I did the other day whilst riding along. Always nice to see one, few and far between.

I think it’s an affectation I picked up from someone on here..

I also make a cosy seat on the throne with toilet paper in the winter months as the shock to my buttocks is just monstrous otherwise.

dyna-ti

But you can poke it down the plug hole with the other end of your toothbrush…

Or use your feet to break it up.

Tom83

Waffle stomping is the term.

dmorts

Rinse the washing up

reeksy

Yep I think most of these things are pretty normal. The food order thing, both approaches make sense and for me can vary on a per meal basis.

I’m against that type of thing. I often go out of my way to avoid routine or patterns in my life to avoid feeling hemmed in or bored.

Except for eating porridge virtually every morning for breakfast

It could be because I forget though.

oldnick

When opening a new jar of instant coffee (yeah yeah) I like to tap out a rhythm on the foil/paper with the back of the teaspoon, breaking through on the last tap.

Then cut round the tattered remains with said teaspoon (hopefully in one piece) leaving the previously mentioned edge to act as the seal.

You know the sloping kerb-stones at the side of people’s drives? When I’m driving my right hand imagines it is using the raised bits of kerbs as table-tops. It is very good, it managed a triple last week (cased the landing mind).

Keva
    Free Member

arrpeeFree Member
    lunge

I brush my teeth in the shower. This seems very sensible to me, the spitting out is washed down straight the drain, less splatter from the electric toothbrush and it minimises the chance of leaving toothpaste round my mouth.

High 5, brother. Also a convenient excuse to spend a couple of extra minutes in the shower on a cold morning.

I brush my teeth in a cold shower, a convenient excuse to stay under the cold water a bit longer.

spooky211
    Free Member

I always put my right hand knee pad on first. The weirdest thing I do is never walk on cracks on the pavement, or in line with drainage/manhole/BT box covers….no idea why!

didnthurt

If I scratch one side of my body, I then scratch the opposite side of my body to even it out. So if I get an itch on my right knee and scratch it for relief, I then scratch my left knee. I thought this was normal but apparently it’s ‘weird’

hijodeputa
    Free Member

The first time I wore my current knee pads I inadvertently put them on the wrong knee. I had a brilliant ride and didn’t notice until I took them off. I’ve been wearing them back to front since. Left knee pad has to go on the right knee first as well.

kayak23

The weirdest thing I do is never walk on cracks on the pavement, or in line with drainage/manhole/BT box covers….no idea why!

Well, it’s because of the bears innit.

Paul-B

If I am eating a sandwich and a packet of crisps it must be eaten sandwich half, crisps, other sandwich half. Dependant on sandwich filling and crisps, some crisps can sometimes be used as additional filling, but the bulk must be eaten in said order. Rolls, subs, baguettes etc. do not escape rule and will be halved somehow to accommodate.

Crisps go on the sandwich no? ;-)

I don’t know how I got there but yeah, crisps are added to the sandwich as I go.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.