Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Weird stickers on cars
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I saw a “Limited to 186mph – Please Pass” sticker on the back of a mad Merc which made me smile

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not a sticker but…
    One of our (council) minibuses was filthy so I wrote on the back, ‘No Time To Wash’, complete with the 007 logo.

drnosh
    Free Member

@ the brick

I don’t like identifying marks on my van.

You have got one….your registration plate….

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yeah there is the speed limit thing, but it’s only 10mph less on dual carriageways and no difference on motorways, not exactly going to change your journey times in real life. Plus it only applies below 3.05t, which most of the cringy ones are above anyway so kind of another pointless one

Plus if you get a fine you’d have a chance at appealing it anyway, the letter I have from DVLA rejecting my change request clearly states that the DVLA classification is only for recognition in traffic and does not affect insurance or speed limits

Bullet

Seen on holiday in Florida on a pickup truck – ‘Sniper – don’t run, you’ll only die tired!’

Nicked from Wickipedia – Dick Trickle led quite a life it seems – fell two floors from a house under construction when he was 8 and broke his pelvis which led to three years in a waist high cast, a limp and pain for the rest of his life.
    His nephew was also a racer but killed in a drive-by shooting. In the 90’s NASCAR allowed drivers to smoke during yellow flag periods and Dick had a hole in his helmet for the cigarette and cigarette lighters fitted to his race car.
    He committed suicide in 2013 by the grave of his granddaughter who had previously been killed in a car crash – having phoned the authorities to tell them there would be a body to find…

kormoran
    Free Member

The timeless classic “Honk if Horny”

I admit I have never seen one in the flesh

oldtennisshoes

On a Defender
    ‘One wife, livid!’

avdave2

The only one I ever saw that didn’t immediately make me want to see the occupants drive off a cliff was “My other car sticker is funny”

soundninjauk

Oh yeah, the other car I’ve seen round here with stickers is a Vauxhall Corsa with an obnoxiously loud exhaust, and various incredibly sexist/harmless fun (delete as appropriate given your position on the current culture war) stickers along the lines of ‘my other ride’s your daughter’ etc.

I understand a desire to personalise things if that’s what floats your boat, everyone has their own hobbies. But why would you choose something that so obviously advertises your own Neanderthal opinions?

mrpaul
    Free Member

In Aus someone was selling purposefully fake Northern Territory tourism board stickers, CU in the NT

kiwijohn

They’re pretty popular all over Oz.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

One I made for my Nissan Leaf

TheDTs
    Free Member

Just saw a very crap 53 plate transit connect in Merthyr, “living the dream” plastered all over. Go for it, I thought, aim high.
    Worst I’ve been asked to make was for a trucker. “Phantom knicker sniffer” on the back of his truck. Classy!

tillydog
    Free Member

It’s more to do with speedimits for vans/campers.
    Mine is a van but insurered as a camper. I can only do van speeds though.

Not so, but the misinformation continues to propagate.

If less than 3.05 tonnes unladen weight (as defined by base van manufacturer) and fulfils the definition of a ‘motor caravan’ (seats, table, bed, cooking facilities & storage) then the reduced limits for vans don’t apply.

ANPR speed cameras use DVLA data though, so there is the possibility of being wrongly identified as speeding if the DVLA choose not to reclassify.

ctk
    Free Member

I like seeing the Transformers badges on cars. Had a Totorro sticker on my last car.

When in art college I bought a load of the Christian Fish stickers and stuck them on cars in the car park 🤣 hilarious I was!

bensales
    Free Member

I keep meaning to put a Pistonheads one on my EV.

Houns

Timely thread, this popped up in my FB memories today. I snuck these on to my exes 7 seater

I’ve just got this for my car, should annoy a few idiots

https://shop.road.cc/product/stay-awesome-window-sticker

supernova

On a truck in Pahrump, California with bullet holes in the back – ‘Missed me bitch’.

IdleJon

On a truck in Pahrump, California with bullet holes in the back – ‘Missed me bitch’.

They were aiming at his dog and shot his car instead? 😁

TheDTs
    Free Member

A friend gave me one from their visit to the us and after I helped her and her husband move house, “Yes this is my truck, no I won’t help you move.”

Also lots of RIP ones for the actor from Fast and furious. Bit odd, I thought. He Wes acting the part not actually the person in the movie franchise. Maybe I’m missing something.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I saw one this week, driven by a mature lady (with a pony tail) “if you are going to ride my ass at least pull my hair”. Pretty odd

Odd how? No different to the usual “if you’re going to screw me at least buy me dinner” trope.

Also lots of RIP ones for the actor from Fast and furious. Bit odd, I thought. He Wes acting the part not actually the person in the movie franchise. Maybe I’m missing something.

Paul Walker?

He acted the part of Brian O’Conner. What you’re missing is that he was a huge car enthusiast and died in a car crash several years ago, many folk credit him with promoting the modified car scene via F&F and he was popular as a result.

thenorthwind

I’ve just got this for my car, should annoy a few idiots

https://shop.road.cc/product/stay-awesome-window-sticker

Even as an evangelical utility cyclist, I can’t help cringe when I see them. It’s nice to be shown solidarity for people who are more often villified in the same situation, but it always strikes me as hideously self-aggrandizing.

Perhaps I’ll put that catchy rebuttal on a sticker on my car as a counterpoint 😄

slowoldman

When I were a lad we had triangular flags in the window advertising where we had been on holiday. St Ives, Tintagel, that sort of thing. Though in our case it was more likely Bridlington, Scarborough, Filey, Reighton Gap.

TheDTs
    Free Member

@squirrelking. Fair enough.

MoreCashThanDash

On a Defender
    ‘One wife, livid!’

I love that

I’ve had a Cyclists Stay Awesome sticker since they were first available.

squirrelking
    Free Member

When I were a lad we had triangular flags in the window advertising where we had been on holiday.

Just added a pair of Caithness and Orkney flags to my shitbox, keeping it old school!

halifaxpete

I used to be partial to a silly sticker, had this on my Bluebird afew years back (I appreciated the irony)

Dont bother now TBH, that said I’m all for other people doing it within reason.

ThePinkster

Sticker
    Not a particularly clear image but saw this on a van on my way to work once.

Still trying to work out if it’s humourous or not.

alpin
    Free Member

I’ve a

F C K
    P T N

sticker in blue and yellow on my van.

Mate printed 3500 off them and we’ve been plastering Munich with them since March.
    Car sharing motors, buses and Ukrainian motors get one.

wordnumb
    Free Member

“If you can read this your to close” [sic].

zbonty

The Darwin fish ones make me smile.
    Used to see a 50 year old fella in a clapped out 3 series saloon, various boy racer accessories with ‘nuff respect to the max’ in large letters across the bottom of both doors.

madhouse

Saw a minibus yesterday with a ‘no passengers left in the vehicle overnight’ sticker.

aide

I have, for a while now, wanted to get a sticker saying “the only tool in this van is the driver”. One of these days….

thelawman

@mattoutandabout yup, I saw a van with that one it, heading up the M6 a few months ago. It made oi larfff.

cookeaa

I saw a “Limited to 186mph – Please Pass” sticker on the back of a mad Merc which made me smile

Out for a ride a couple of hours ago I saw a “limited to 186mph” sticker on a vectra. Seemed a bit wishful, also made me smile.

There’s a HiAce van round the corner from us with a large one of these on:

Being near some fishing places you see a few similarly OTT fishing themed stickers. For men (mostly) that apparently sit around next to water doing very little the fishing community do seem to love a ridiculous vehicle decal…

DrP

There’s a parent at my kid’s school with a ‘fake taxi’ sticker on their people carrier. Odd..

I’ve got a “cyclists…stay awesome” one that the CTC did a few years back (to look like the CYCLISTS – STAY BACK ones that did the rounds on BT vans etc)

DrP

CountZero

Used to see lots of stickers on ex-Motability cars, various stick families, flowers, butterflies, paw prints, ‘cool baby on board’ with a baby wearing large sunglasses.
    Cars we get in now tend not to be embellished like that. We do have a lot of cars with big stickers advertising driving schools, but they’re legit, and I put the stickers on.

I have two small stickers on my car, a small blue SunGod logo sticker on the back window just by the side of the wiper, and a small round Mindless Longboards decal in the top corner.
    Sue me.

csb

Needing to spend money on new ‘UK’ stickers to take the car to Europe, when it already had a perfectly functional GB one (as well as number plates with the GB that now needs covering) is weird.

scotroutes

I also have a Cyclists Stay Awesome sticker on the rear of my van. It has faded to almost white now so could do with a replacement.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.