Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 19.8.13 – 25.8.13 – Forgotten Things
  • Forgotten Things this week, so that’s anything from abandoned farm machinery to those plastic bags hanging in trees that dog owners forget to take home

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably.

yunki
    Free Member

An old pillar that used to support a bridge over this disused railway line (now a cycle track)

twojumpers

Not so much forgotten, but left behind

slugwash
    Free Member

Someone ‘forgot’ this bag of rubbish by the edge of a lane in the middle of nowhere. Maybe they’ll remember it and come back and retrieve it? …..

Say ‘Hello’ to my Lidl Friend…….. by Slugwash, on Flickr

roverpig

The forestry commission ‘forgot’ to chop these trees down:

OCB
    Free Member

I forgot that I owned this pair of (actually rather comfortable) shoes.

Next time – Interesting / impressive / ugly architecture?

chip
    Free Member

Today I forgot that it was not 1983 and I was not 9 years old.
    I also forgot that I was not unbreakable and that I infact actually have the prowess and skill set of a tricycle riding circus elephant and not andy ruffell.

I am currently in a lot of pain across my chest and shoulders but intact.
    Although on impact I thought the loud audible crack was my collar bone giving way but pleased when a stewards revealed it was only my elbow pad.

chip
    Free Member

Today I drove through the area where I grew up.

Gave me an idea for next weeks challenge,
    I suggest “change” for next week.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll give ‘change’ a supporting vote as it’s been one of those years..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEM4VlnGNXU[/video]

househusband

The forestry commission ‘forgot’ to chop these trees down

I think I’m right in saying that they leave a few intentionally; gives birds of prey somewhere to observe and hunt from.

beanieripper
    Free Member

today I forgot that at some point in time I would become so old, boring and near death that my only purpose in life would be to post inane crap on some forum about what I forgot…..oh shit, sorry……..I forgot…..and you are?..

chip
    Free Member

saucer of milk for beanieripper

roverpig

I think I’m right in saying that they leave a few intentionally; gives birds of prey somewhere to observe and hunt from.

Is that right? Thanks. I often wondered why they did it. It’s clearly not really a mistake as every time they clear a section they leave a few odd ones. They usually die and/or get blown down at the next storm mind, but I can imagine that the Buzzards are grateful for the ones that remain.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 19.8.13 – 25.8.13 – Forgotten Things’ is closed to new replies.