Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Weekend riding plans. Where you off to??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Thinking I might try to sneak out early doors tomorrow for a lap of the Forest and then on Sunday I’ve got a nice loop round Hathersage, Stanage, Curbar, Froggat and other bits .

Some techy stuff, some cheeky, some man made, but all a right giggle and linked to make an ace ride out.

So where are you all off to then?

Tracey

Off into the Peak tomorrow and then Sunday afternoon in Wharncliffe.

whitestone
    Free Member

Yorkshire Dales 300 for me.

matt_outandabout

Once my new Magura brakes are installed tonight, somewhere around Dunblane.
    Sunday, Glentress I hope with Stirling Bike Club and youngest_OAB.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Caerphilly Mounatin ish – met some other riders mid-week at an orangised ride thing and they showed us some cheeky, non-eu funded stuff which was really good.

thomthumb
    Free Member

southampton bike park for a mess around this PM, then brighton for stanmer blast with an old friend, then off to his birthday BBQ. Good times.

andytherocketeer

nowhere. I’ll melt in this weather. And then get washed away by the thunderstorms that must be brewing up.

lowey

Alps Baby!!! 😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Weather is not good in my area 🙁

Service the bikes and sneak a road ride between the showers.

Hope it’s better for you lot.

maxtorque

We’re off to France tonight!

For week with those smashing peeps at The White Room!

😆

wilburt
    Free Member

Oh you know, Alp dHeuz, Galibier the usual.

swavis

Off down to Fort William for 10 Under the Ben, I predict it’s going to be wet!

carlos
    Free Member

Tracey – Member

Off into the Peak tomorrow and then Sunday afternoon in Wharncliffe

Wharncliffe is somewhere that I’ve never been and its not far away at all. What’s it like, is there a loop, can you link it to say Stanage or Hathersage?

For someone who rides 40k + rides most weekends in the Peak, Lakes or Wales would I get bored?

Simon

Cannock tomorrow, then Bike Park Wales on Sunday.

Kryton57

Off for a long slow road ride on Sunday to the Blue egg cafe Great Bardfield, where I may – just like last week – be again meeting Alex Dowsett for a chat.

Forecast to be a beautiful day in Essex 🙂

vmgscot

The GF wants to ride Iron Keld/Loughrigg loop saturday and Walna Scar sunday – I just ride where I’m told 🙂

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

Afan on Saturday, Haven’t been for a long time so looking forward to it.

singlespeedstu

Here. :mrgreen:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/obyAm1]I can see the pub from here.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Aviemore area for me n Esther. Taking a shower jacket too.

nedrapier

I’ll go for a long walk in the Devil’s Punchbowl, but riding destinations will be restricted to the turbo in the garage – still off games with a knackered shoulder.

rOcKeTdOg

FoD fat bike fest thing

mark90
    Free Member

Think I might go see what Mendip conditions are like.

Tracey

Loads to do in Wharncliffe. Wouldn’t want to link it into a Peak ride though

qwerty
    Free Member

After 10 days of campylobacter induced diarrhea i’ll be happy to make it anywhere out of reach from a toilet and feel secure 😳

On the plus side, i may be collecting a brand spanking new bike for a friend (the bike shop is very close to our home toilet) 😆

chrism110
    Free Member

also of to France in the morning for a week with the whiteroom

fozzyc
    Free Member

Not sure yet, but it’ll be somewhere! Finally built up a new Bike (Nukeproof AM 275) Front brakes a bit sticky and mech needs a bit more setting up, but after that I’ll be looking for somewhere to give it a good first ride 🙂

jekkyl

I’ve been to Cannock already today,just got to the top of Lower cliff before the heavens opened and I ended up wet down to my pants! Carlos I’m also planning a big Mac forest ride tomorrow, might see you. Maybe setting off Cumberland clough carpark at 9ish. Then Degla early on Sunday if the wife agrees. Have fun everyone!

SOAP
    Free Member

Afan sat and BPW Sunday. Splendid

garage-dweller

I am going for a ride.
    I have barely ridden in two months.
    I don’t know where I’m going yet.
    I don’t care either.
    I am going for an actual ride. 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

100 mile road loop round Cheshire, hope i don’t get too wet!

jeffl

South Peak loop night ride for me.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

FA

MoreCashThanDash

Have a good one garage dweller.

Hoping the showers hold off this afternoon long enough to take my lads new found enthusiasm for some bridleway bashing a bit further afield.

Tomorrow I’m taking a mate out who is just getting back into riding.

Storing up some karma. Hopefully.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve either cycled or ran everyday this week so today is a rest day that includes two dog walks. Wanted to go somewhere interesting tomorrow but I can’t find a soul to ride with so I’ll probably end up just riding the wyre forest like usual or just going somewhere by myself.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Road ride today as I prepare for Tour o the Borders in August, tomorrow we’re taking the mountain bikes to the Lakes.

jekkyl

So how did you all get on?
    I had a cracking solo ride over Macc Forest, it rained just a little on the way up to charity lane but after that it was lovely sunshine for the rest of the ride. Devastated to find the Cat n’ Fiddle pub was closed as I was promising myself a pint and some crisps after the climb up from the goyt valley. Got there to find it was closed but some friendly red socks offered me a jot of some Glen livet, so that was most welcome.
    Let’s see your weekend pics then…….

Kryton57

So I found out that Essex was still flooded from “those” Storms. This is the second of two bits of up-to-the-hubs wading I had to do alongside a river where the water was over its banks and extended into the road. I spared his blushes by moving on but around that bend is a driver stick in the middle calling the AA:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HCgUtC]image[/url]

Otherwise, it was a lovely few hours on the bike punctuated by poached eggs and coffee.

https://www.strava.com/activities/621449946/overview

matt_outandabout

Eldest_oab, smallest_oab and I had a cracking day round Glentress with the Stirling Bike Club gang.

Lots of smiley happy people, posh bikes being tried out on a demo day, and dry trails.

We were even sat back in the cafe before the heavens opened.

Happy days. 8)

fathomer

Had a great weekend in the Lakes, Iron Keld & Loughrigg Friday Afternoon, Helvellyn on Saturday and Grizdale/Parkamoor Sunday.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/J8P7bA]Bob Off Raise[/url] by Sam Dexter, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/JyrL48]Push Up[/url] by Sam Dexter, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/J8P7Pj]Over Coniston[/url] by Sam Dexter, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/JyrLwc]Helvelyn Summit[/url] by Sam Dexter, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/J8P9MC]Striding Edge[/url] by Sam Dexter, on Flickr

carlos
    Free Member

Well I didn’t get to sneak out on Sat, spent the morning dodging the showers, mowing the grass, cleaning the windows, cars and the bike. Then a bit of chillaxing with the Mrs.

Had a great ride on Sunday, no photos though as it was mainly cheeky 😉

jekkyl – if you fancy a pint post ride and your in Wildboarclogh, get along to The Crag, beer and food is good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Weekend riding plans. Where you off to??’ is closed to new replies.