Home Forums Chat Forum We Buy Any Car

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • We Buy Any Car
  • toomba
    Free Member

Anybody used we buy any car? Needing to sell a car fairly quickly.

bedmaker

Yes, twice.

Sold a car to them two weeks ago, I’d not have been happy selling it privately, especially locally.

Lots of stuff playing up on it.  The price was fair given the condition. £7300 Vs £6000 I was offered for trade in.

Also sold my van to them in 2022 when the post COVID van mania was in full swing and got a very good price.

Spin
    Free Member

Yes. I sold a van to them because it was in such a state I didn’t feel comfortable doing a private sale. I’ve heard a few stories of them offering a decent price then dropping it when they view the car but that could also be partly the seller not being clear about condition.

RustyNissanPrairie

Yes but my experience was the opposite to above. I had to step in when MrsRNP and MIL were selling recently deceased FIL’s car. The WBAC agent was taking the piss and exploiting the situation.

bikerevivesheffield

As spin, van went on Thursday for £800 as it needed too much for me to sell it privately

20 mins and 5-6 signatures

Done

toomba
    Free Member

Do they test drive the car/van?

did you get anywhere near the figure they offered online?

lunge

Yes, and we got screwed.

With hindsight I should have walked away and sold it privately, but Mrs Lunge was stressed and it was an easy option.

Be very careful, have a figure in mind thats your minimum and be prepared to walk away.

theotherjonv

also looking at this – can’t be arsed with a private sale so it’s this or PX

Also looking at Motorway, if any comments on that.

mashr

Yes and the experience was pretty good. Even managed to destroy a tyre when driving to meet them and the amount they reduced the quote to cover it was absolutely fair

TheGingerOne

If it is a very mainstream car the price will be better than if it is an obscure or niche car when they will offer a low price as they don’t really want it, so I believe.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I was very honest with the online questions for our beaten up but perfectly running 17 yr old 120k miles Fabia (full service history).  Got offered very little more than scrap/trade-in value.  So I sold it to a friend of a friend for a bit more.  They pestered me with emails claiming to offer more, though I didn’t read them.

So maybe not good for bangers, and try playing hard to get with them.

bedmaker

toombaFree Member
    Do they test drive the car/van?

did you get anywhere near the figure they offered online?

No test drive, which seems madness to me, even a spin round the car park.

Offered £8800 online, my lowest figure in mind was £7K, so quite happy with £7300.

Spin
    Free Member

No test drive, which seems madness to me, even a spin round the car park

I was out of there like a shot in case they changed their mind!

RustyNissanPrairie

Just tried it with my £500 Porsche, WBAC have offered me £920 – result!!!!!

Actually I think I’ll keep it…….

IMG-9402

chestrockwell

Yes, and it was easy and stress free. Car was in demand and in vgc though so that probably helped.

Northwind

My brother used them, there was the inevitable piss-taking and beating down on price and I reckon in the end he probably got about 70% of what you’d expect to sell it for privately, but it was so hassle-free compared to selling privately that it was probably worth it.

piemonster
    Free Member

Private selling is a bull%#$t experience at times

MoreCashThanDash

Having spent two and a half hours with a dealer this morning, wish we’d  looked at WBAC.

Eventually MrsMC wore him down and our next Octavia estate should be ready Monday.

lambchop
    Free Member

My brother just sold his Honda Jazz through Motorway. Said it was a very simple process and he got what he’d wanted for it. He looks after his cars though so it was mint.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.