Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • We Are Lady Parts
  • DezB
    Free Member

Starts Thur 20th May on Ch4!
    Remember that one-off comedy thing someone posted on here a while ago? About the all female punk band… got a series coming. Excellent!

tthew

Seen the trailer for that. Looks pretty good, I’ll be ‘tuning in’. I won’t, I’ll press the 104 buttons in the remote.

DezB
    Free Member

This was the original thread, where, of course, I called it 😀

Thick as…

tthew

I shall make sure I watch the pilot before starting the series.

PrinceJohn

Am currently watching this – any TV show that has the cast bouncing away to SOAD in a car is alright by me.

Reminds me a little bit of Spaced. Has that same kind of energy about it.

If you’ve not seen it – check it out.

Oh & to GMTV the other morning that I caught 2 seconds of them saying Ab Fab wouldn’t be made today, **** off – this is way edgier, funnier & better than Ab Fab ever was.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Who the hell does the double vocal punk style they have remind me of.

Might have listened to the tracks on Spotify… I cannot think who they remind me of.

Jakester
    Free Member

It’s absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed the series. Captures the travails of being in a band perfectly, and the culture clash narrative is very well done (and, on the whole, avoids cliche). Loved it.

DezB
    Free Member

I was a little disappointed that it went less into the lives of the other band members, but that can be for the next series eh? Very enjoyable 🙂

Cougar

Reminds me a little bit of Spaced.

OK, I’m sold.

Do I need to watch Thick As first, or is it broadly unrelated?

goldfish24

Unrelated.

Reminds me too of spaced, in the sense that it’s new, its about now, it’s about forever, it’s exciting, it’s good.

DezB
    Free Member

“Thick As” is a totally unrelated story. Just was in the same Comedy Blaps series of comedies.

Cougar

👍 fab, ta.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s a brilliant series! The music reminds me of Babes In Toyland a little bit, maybe with a little Elastica mixed in too.

longdog
    Free Member

Me and my wife binged it last night, was ace and disappointed it was all over so quickly.

Glad I saw it mentioned here or I would have just let it pass me by.

metalheart
    Free Member

So, for those who haven’t tried to ‘watch’ a tv programme since having a tv (>5 years anyway) how do you go about this?

Is there (non tv licence compatible) online version/method?

metalheart
    Free Member

Do I need to watch Thick As first,

No, but you should watch it, it’s brilliant.

And well worth the <15 minutes of your life. Although I have watched it multiple times…

doomanic

I binge-watched We Are Lady Parts yesterday and today. It’s bloody brilliant! I hope there’s a second season.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘We Are Lady Parts’ is closed to new replies.