Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Thick as…
  • metalheart
    Free Member

I happened upon this the other day.

It is a work of pure genius, no fluff or filler. Absolute gold.

Found it when I was searching for this:

I swear I’ll never be able to hear 500 miles now without seeing them in the car…

Kamakazie

Enjoyed these. Assume the full series are available on 4OD?

welshfarmer

Both very good. Second one had me in stitches.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh, that is great. Lady Parts gotta get their own series! The drummer is the best comedy character in ages 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

I loved their song (did go kind of ‘ouch’ at the honour killing reference!).
    I thought all the characters were great. The guitarist meat chopping bit was brilliant (wot, like marriage, babies, resentment…). Bass player trying to flog her comix. Loved the bits in the car (and them nailing the accents in the singalong). Also loved that Taz never lifted her veil, not even when on the doobie.

The Irish one I found the dialogue absolutely superb. I’ve watched it half a dozen times now and still picking up on bits. Absolutely favourite bit is the ‘wee nun’ speech/tirade, the callout and apology (to Jesus!)

I’m seriously impressed at how much has been shoehorned into a sub 15 minute film format.

Would love it if (both) turn in to a series.

DezB
    Free Member

Taz selling bras could be a series on it’s own as far as I’m concerned! 😀

Kamakazie

Apparently Lady Parts was commissioned for a 6 partner in 2019 but can’t find any more info on release dates or if Covid canned it?!

metalheart
    Free Member

Apparently Lady Parts was commissioned for a 6 partner in 2019 but can’t find any more info on release dates or if Covid canned it?!

Ooo, there is hope then 🤪

DezB
    Free Member

Gawd yeah.. Wonder what happened to it – https://www.comedy.co.uk/online/lady_parts/

metalheart
    Free Member

For some reason today, I was compelled to pick up a pack of soleros…

I also can’t help but wonder how much traction this thread would’ve gotten if I’d gone for Lady Parts as the title… 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

Kamakazie

Nice!

DezB
    Free Member
    funkmasterp

They were both great and I’d love to see more. Now have the song stuck in my head

metalheart
    Free Member

Ha Dez, never spotted that (obvs). Still, you know, interview… 🤪

Yeah funkmaster, I’d really like to see a Thick as… series too (but if wishes were horses we’d all be eating steak).

God, I’m going to have to watch Lady Parts on that C4 website thing, oh man, that is going to be difficult… but worth it.

Olly
    Free Member

I’m certain i’ve seen Saira (Lead vocals and guitar, working in the halal butchers) in something else recently, but IMDB and Google deny it.

Hmmmmm.

Would certainly watch this as a series.

EDIT. They changed the actress, in the BLAP short pilot thing she is played by Ritu Arya, who was in Umbrella Academy.

goldfish24

Just watched ep 1 of lady parts. About time for some good comedy. Always nice to see a pilot remade and embellished into something better, especially when the pilots good.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Thick as…’ is closed to new replies.