Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Waterproof 3/4 vs full length trousers?
  • neninja
    Free Member

I’m off out to buy some new waterproof 3/4 length shorts or trousers today. Always worn waterproof shorts that stop above the knee before but have decided that something slightly longer would work better – sick of rain going straight up the leg when pedalling.

So I’m going to get 3/4 shorts or trousers – what do you all recommend?

I’m thinking 3/4 length will be more versatile as they won’t overheat so much. I hate riding too warm but have never used trousers so simply don’t know. Advice please.

scotroutes

I find wet, muddy full length, baggy trousers just completely uncomfortable.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have previously allways just got away with waterproof shorts, but as they where mucky last night i too out some waterproof trousers, miles better, No muck on my legs, clean getting in the car and warmer.

Looking at getting a cycling specific set you can tighten at the bottom.

scotroutes

If you really want them not to flap around they need to be tight all the way down. Some manufacturers do them like that already. I think the technical name for them is “tights”.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

this might be too late for you if youre shopping today, but i bought a pair of those endura 3/4 length waterproof shorts with the event fabric- theyre expensive but http://www.cyclestore.com had some large ones in a half price sale a few weeks back. if theyre still knocking them out at 55 quid and large is your size, buy them because theyre utterly brilliant. i had mine on at inners a couple of weeks back and pushed all the way up 4 times and never had any issues with overheating (theyre tough too, i had a big skidding wipeout at the bottom of the gold run on that abrasive gravelmud and theres not a mark on them), and ive worn them out and about here on xc runs and never got mud up my legs. massively reccommended. they do come up big when you first put them on, but ive found mine have shrunk a bit in the wash and are now perfect for me(34″ waist and big legs).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof 3/4 vs full length trousers?’ is closed to new replies.