Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Water Bars
  • stevious

So, having punctured a tubeless tyre then used 2 tubes and a packet of patches comeing down Carn Ban Mor today I had a bit of time to think as I was pushing down the hill. I counted an average of 8 paces between water bars over the time I could be bothered counting and was led to wander the following:

– Are that many water bars really necessary? The amount on that path now seems almost sarcastic.

– Is there a trail anywhere that’s even worse than this one for water bars?

I look forward to your thoughts. Unless you’re going to rather helpfully tell me I should get better at riding in which case feel free to keep that to yourself.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – you know the answer then?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You should look at the Ben alder path – thats got some great big water bars as has Jocks Road. Yes they probably are needed – no one builds paths / water bars for fun. it was getting badly eroded away

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get better at r….oh sorry.

Good moan though!

khani
    Free Member

…. ….. …. and pump your tyres up a bit..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I did get the impression the last time I rode CBM that the bars were, ahem, designed with bikers in mind. Still a great descent, gives you something to think about.

druidh
    Free Member

I must go up there and try it with the Fatbike. It copes with water bars pretty well.

crikey
    Free Member

After puncturing twice, did it not occur to you that you were riding at a pace far above your talent?

druidh
    Free Member

Juan managed to run out of tubes on that descent before it was resurfaced and the water bars put in. 😆

stevious

Well crikey, if nothing else you’ve come up with a novel way of telling me to get better at riding. Either that or you’re typing at a pace far above your intellect 🙂

Druidh – I did wonder if a bigger wheel might fare better on some of the ditches. I suspect a fatbike would be BRILLIANT down that.

crikey
    Free Member

you’re typing at a pace far above your intellect

Not exactly a difficult achievement, I must be honest… 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Water Bars’ is closed to new replies.