Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Watching TDF on telly: what things does it make you lust after?
  • Olly
    Free Member

the polka dot ladies are the best ladies 🙂

Bream
    Free Member

I got this brand new one from a small shop in Sweden who let it go for £2750 after some haggling, guess the 2010 stuff will be out soon so they need to make way etc. RRP over here was a staggering 7k!!!!!

First ride felt very nice, really fast compared to my old heavy ally kit, but did notice the strong side wind more on the front wheel, no drama mind. Down the South of Sweden we don't have any Col du Huge Cat a type stuff, just little bumps so they should suit quite well 😀

Thanks for the tire tips, will swap them over to my Ultremos, don't want any cheek ops just yet etc 😳

StirlingCrispin

You lot should be over at

Pez Cycling

8)

mrmo
    Free Member

a nice chalet in the Val de Bagnes would do me fine.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

urm…..

Bream
    Free Member

ou lot should be over at

Pez Cycling

Goodness there are a few BOBWFOCW in there 😆

Edited to add that that doesn't include the 2 above, my word what a large sausage she has in her hands etc etc 😈

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

French breakfasts, their cake shops! nice big hills for riding .. mmmm

crazy-legs

An empty Alpine road. A top end carbon road bike. Sunshine, blue skies, no wind.

I can do without the crowds of people everywhere yelling and running alongside.

nickc

That's a big sausage…fnarr fnarr etc etc 😀

kennyNI
    Free Member

404 wheels would do.

njee20
    Free Member

RRP over here was a staggering 7k

I assume you mean in Sweden? RRP on that one here was £4500, the 2009 one is £5000 and the 2010 one is £5800. Still a nice bike though.

I didn't use the Bontrager tyres, I had some Michelin Pro 3s and some Hutchinsons on, they were as bad as each other.

devs
    Free Member

Hmm. A huge sausage AND a ripped box between their legs. Nice!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(mr MC posting)

watching TdeF on ITV4 makes me want….? hmmmm

A bottle of Just for Men as it will bag me a desperate middle-aged bird who will sleep with me on the first date cos she thinks I might be a bit younger than her.

A russian meerkat in a dressing gown.

A bike from halfords, as it'll be the wrong size, have badly set up suspension and lock the back brake on corners.

Some margerine so that some nasty old woman will come to my house and tell me my cholesterol is 4.3. Whatever TF that means.

A water park commute home. In my pants.

njee20
    Free Member

Haha! Excellent. Well done. What about the new Panasonic HD digital camera so you can catch your 5 year old doing trials riding, and a bowl of Bran Flakes?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

and dammit Asda have just sold out of Iron Gyms. Mrs MC will just have to put up with my skinny arse a bit longer….

nickc

I've always thought that meerkat was Spanish….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Compare the MEEERRRRRKAT dot Com .. my favourite advert of all time
    http://www.comparethemeerkat.com/

what a brilliant website!

theflatboy
    Free Member

all you pitboss lovers (i've only just googled them, could someone please explain why they're £500?!) will be jealous:

BBC Sport's Phil Sheehan on Twitter: "Armstrong looks like he just tossed his Oakleys to the side of the road. What a souvenir that will be for whoever finds them!"

steve_b77
    Free Member

The ability to sit on someone's wheel and then go Bam, see ya later punk!

crazy-legs

In addition to what I wanted earlier I'd also like to add:
    the TT and downhilling ability of Cancellara.
    the climbing ability of Contador
    the sheer grit and mental determination of Armstrong
    the sprint of Cavendish
    and finally the bike handling skills of Robbie McEwen

not that I'm being demanding at all…

Nickquinn293
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

and finally the bike handling skills of Robbie McEwen

So you can do this after a 120 miles riding on terrain which doesn't suit you:

V cool.

Houns

To be sponsored by Oakley

Oh for all you Pit Boss lovers (I don't like them, too big for me – Which stopped me getting them) Wait for the next addition to the Elite line – Woooah!

BIKES4LIFE
    Free Member

brie an grapes

njee20
    Free Member

Houns is that you trying to boast that you can afford £500 sunglasses on a whim? It comes across that way!

Houns

No not at all, saved some time for them, just saying im a sad oakley collector

Houns

Oh and for the new ones the only chance i've got of buying them is if i can sell both kidneys

mtbrDot
    Free Member

Car free roads. I crave their fitness but pity their weight obsession.

njee20
    Free Member

£5000 or something aren't they!? Slightly mental to say the least.

I don't think they suit anyone anyway, they're too big!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

njee20, they're £500. I tried on a pair the other day and they were lovely, but even I can't really justify £500 on a pair of sunnies!

Houns

Yeah the pb's are £500, the next one's are going to be carbon fibre and cost thousands

theflatboy
    Free Member

i had a look at the pitboss earlier, they are quite nice but not £500 nice…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I only lust after women.
    A lot.

fizzer
    Free Member

The girl on the right on the white jersey presentation. Smouldering looks.

And one of those S-Works TT bikes.

And not in that order either.

neil_1979
    Free Member

Makes me want to buy a campervan and follow the tour around. Might be more to do with not having to go to work rather than anything else though, Just quite envious of all the campers parked up en route with nothing better to do than chill out and watch the race go past.

Strangelove
    Free Member

Meet Emanuelle (left), and Laura (right). Their job is to present the “most combative” award, an honor that goes to the most aggressive rider of the day.

Laura is 23, and Emanuelle is 24. And you’ll love this… Emanuelle is studying to be a contortionist. No kidding.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes sorry, I meant the new ones are about £5000, but I don't think the Pit Bosses suit anyone. I just used 'they' to refer to both!

Houns

1 of 5 only ever going to be made of the new Livestrong edition all Carbon Fibre C-6 Elite

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Watching TDF on telly: what things does it make you lust after?’ is closed to new replies.