Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Watching Films on a Projector?
  • Caher

Has anyone got and are using a projector to watch films TV etc?
    I saw one when hanging around Richer sounds and thought of my big white wall.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

yes great for games. Make sure its not too noisey and some units can get hot using traditional lamps which are expensive to replace.

I dont use it during the day currently running a screeneo for occasional films and xbox. What budget are you looking at?

deadkenny
    Free Member

If you want to spend a lot you can go full on home cinema with top end projector kit. You need to spend a lot to get a decent projector that will look good for films without everything looking washed out, and need to get the room dark enough.

I know a few people who’ve built up a home cinema room using them.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes, bloody fantastic, 10ft screen, i even get the wife to sit behind me with a big bag of Doritos and she kicks the back of my chair for authenticity.

TiRed

Love mine. It was £125 second hand and the first Sony to have HDMI. It’s low resolution LCD with chicken wire effect. But… feed it a good HD signal and you soon become immersed. It’s a short throw, quiet and projects onto 2m electric screen. Sound is full 5.1 with very nice Italian speakers and REL subwoofer.

And F1 is fantastic, a n car action is slightly bigger than life size.

CraigW
    Free Member

Don’t put the screen too high up on the wall, otherwise you get a sore neck looking up at it.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yup it’s good. Dark room with a white/ish wall required.

Been using one with a Texas Instruments lamp (Sanyo branded NEC Acer and several others used the same) for years. Not HD but TBH it doesn’t really matter and no one has complained. Plugged all sorts of different sources into it and it’s always worked. Things have moved on though!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Tilt the projector and adjust the keystone (in the settings menu) to get rid of the tapered image = no sore neck.

You can even adjust the RGB output if your projection surface is not quite the right colour, within reason of course.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Watching Films on a Projector?’ is closed to new replies.