Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 8,699 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • inbred853

Damn, still can’t get the hang of the picture posting on here…..it’s worked😁

Tudor Pelagos

neilnevill
    Free Member

What’s the emblem at 9oclock inbred?

Kryton57

Nice!

inbred853

@neilnevil, Parachute Regiment, 80 watches commissioned for the Regiments 80th Birthday. I was fortunate to be able to get one.

walowiz

@inbred853 that is very nice.

johnners
    Free Member

P.s. I don’t want a Chinese watch…

Well, that’ll rule out the Geckota and the Momentum.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Try Scuba Leeds for momentum watches in the UK

igm

@Kryton57 What do you think of the Gekota with the PT5000 movement?

I’m looking at this one and quite liking it on paper.

https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-g-02-black-bezel

Which is also why I was quite so fast with the Gekota GMT suggestion this morning.

Kryton57

@igm, I have that exact watch when it was first issued – No 86 – before it was called the Sea Hunter. I asked for the bracelet to be changed to the same style but two-tone.

It’s a lovely piece, has a lovely piece of sapphire with much anti reflection, sits low on your wrist and the lugs / bracelet have a great downturn to them. The PT5000 has been reliable and accurate. In fact if you Google it it’s allegedly Chronometer accurate but won’t be officially measured because it’s not Swiss.

It feels great quality and the Warrington bracelet is the proper five pieces and a milled clasp – the only issue is that it comes with the cheaper one that has 2 holes of micro adjust – you can call them and asked for the next version up which has 5 holes and costs about an extra £20.

And because of my experience with this watch after I saw your recommendation came with a hackable power saving movement I didn’t hesitate to order the pepsi… 🙂

If you want any pics let me know and I’ll be happy to oblige.

igm

Thanks.

And they do a couple of nice black ‘n’ beige NATOs too as an alternative strap.

Nice.

Kryton57

I agree, I was looking at the black and beige for my current watch (same as the one you are looking at ) and thinking of putting the two tone on the GMT.

Going to try a waffle strap I already have first.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Decided to mod my seiko, wanted a new stealth bezel and insert but with a red crown and second hand, could not find any red crown so send it off to get the stock one cerakoted.
    Quite pleased with the result and cant wait to pick it up at post office tomorrow. Paul that did the work have build some amazing looking watches.
    This is mine.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhlNssLxpZ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Wally

Jodie of JOMW has made me make my first AliExpress purchase. I await the taxes and QC lottery. Will post up when it arrives.

Discretion is certainly order of the day.

Saccades
    Free Member

That Tempus mod is outstanding.

walowiz

@Mikkel that finish is outstanding, lovely subtle mod by Tempus.

Kryton57

I have buyers remorse this morning 😔

Mikkel
    Free Member

What did you get Kryton?

SSS
    Free Member

@kryton57 oh dear, that doesnt sound good….. 😀 what did you do??

sprootlet
    Free Member

come on @kryton57 what did you buy?

walowiz

@Kryton57, oh dear, hopefully it’s only related to your £200 post. Pics would help understand your level of remorse.

What is the view here on Steinhart ?

Am thinking of swapping out one of my nicer seikos for one, second hand titanium.

Kryton57

Yes the Gecko, this one.

Although it replaces the Vostock in the box so it looks as though I don’t have “more”, in reality the Vostok will just be in storage for a couple of years. And it’s occurred to me that I was happy with the samurai-on-waffle in Barcelona last week, why do I need another £200 watch?

It’s on its way already, so now have have to carefully try some straps avoiding tool marks in case it needs to go back.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Steinhart, excellent. I’ve moved it on but had an ocean one for a few years, well made, solid watch, good movement. Better value then similar or twice the price Seiko imv.

walowiz

Thanks @neilnevill, it’s an ocean one titanium ceramic jobbie.

It’s all personal choice, but the “samurai waffle” combo would get my vote over the Gecko.

Kryton57

In about 48 hours they’ll be a Gecko waffle combo, how about that 😉

walowiz

I don’t know about that, but I am hungry for waffles now 🙂

Kryton57

Me neither. I’ll post some pics up – trial by jury with the returns envelope waiting forbodingly…

neilnevill
    Free Member

*#@£!!! When I first saw the sbga031 for sale I wasn’t totally convinced, especially when I thought about parting with two nice watches that make me smile in order to get the man maths to come close. As time has gone on my apprehension that I may miss out on the 031 had grown, and it’s currently at a pretty stressful height! I really want that watch. Help me stay strong.. I am not as weak as kryton (I can’t be …I can’t return the 031!). Heeeellllpp!🤣

SSS
    Free Member

Do it. Do it…. kryton57 is an inspiration to us all 🙂

It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all….

(And if you don’t like it. Sell it)

walowiz

@neilnevill do it, the sbga031 looks fantastic.

I’m guessing 2ndhnd as you can’t return it, so in the hugely unlikely event you don’t like it, sell it on, maybe here ?

If it is the £5.5 grand new model then at leat you’ll be able to return it?

neilnevill
    Free Member

yeah preowned. the 031 became the 231 something like ..err.. 4 years ago? and is now the 461. Same watch. 031 to 231 as just a dial change (removing the seiko branding and putting the grand seiko up to 12) the 461 gets a lume plot at the chapter ring at 3, and full minute markers on the bezel. that is it.

Kryton57

By explanation it’s £200 from my watch fund which fwiw is growing toward an IWC purchase. Hence, I’ve moved £200 further away from that IWC when perhaps I should have been more disciplined, hence my angst.

We aren’t all blessed with the funds to rotate on very expensive watches and for the £200 to be insignificant.

That Seiko is lovely btw, good luck with the purchase.

igm

removing the seiko branding and putting the grand seiko up to 12

Am I allowed to prefer the Seiko branding to the Grand Seiko?

GS indicates a great watch generally, but with a terrible typeface on the logo.

johnners
    Free Member

Hence, I’ve moved £200 further away from that IWC when perhaps I should have been more disciplined, hence my angst

Return it immediately on receipt, don’t waste time on a strap fashion show, you’re not going to be happy with a watch you regret before it even arrives. No need for angst, you’ll be back at the same place you were before re your IWC purchase.

igm

@Kryton57 – off the wall suggestion.

Where you based and when you going on holiday?

I have a Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT – SUN019P1, presently on a black rubber deployment strap, but that might not fit your wrist.

I’m interested in trying a Gekota with that PT5000.

If you’re anywhere local (I’m in York), fancy a short term swap for your holiday?

Doesn’t sort your issue, but does kick it down the road.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Understand your angst kryton, and similarly why I won’t buy the grand Seiko if I don’t sell at least the seiko diver first.
    Don’t worry, get it returned.

somafunk

Bloody hell, when did the Zulu diver 400 watch strap double in price?, I bought mine 3 years ago for £40 but I’ve ripped the strap from the clasp/springbars (cut too close when resizing strap-doh!) and thought I’d buy another one but not at £78. I see they do a replacement rubber but that’s £30 per side

Zulu Diver here

I’ll need to have a look through this thread and see what other rubber straps come with a similar style clasp as I don’t like buckles

Kryton57

Right, watch arrived so here we go then. At first I wasn’t enamoured with it, pictured next to my other Gecko it looked a bit flat, and at this point it was going straight back – hence unwrapped:

image1

But then I decided it might look better on the two tone, so I took the risk of adding tool marks and a refund rejection to swap the bracelets:

image0

I also want to try a black rubber strap but don’t have a 20mm one. So anyway, I kinda decided the bracelet swap suited both watches, with the GMT also now unwrapped it looks a bit retro kitch, definitely something a paper clip salesman might have won at work. And, as an occasional / holiday watch its growing on me TBH:

image3

As always my photos make the lug to lug look big but both watches are well inside my wrist. I’d welcome your thoughts on the GMT?

@IGM
    I’m in London and not planning a trip up North soon, but I’d be happy to lend you my Gecko if you wanted to trial it – I’m sure we can work out a way to get it to you.

nicko74

neilnevill
    Free Member
    *#@£!!! When I first saw the sbga031 for sale I wasn’t totally convinced, especially when I thought about parting with two nice watches that make me smile in order to get the man maths to come close. As time has gone on my apprehension that I may miss out on the 031 had grown, and it’s currently at a pretty stressful height! I really want that watch. Help me stay strong.. I am not as weak as kryton (I can’t be …I can’t return the 031!). Heeeellllpp!🤣

If you’ve got the wrist for it, that is a lovely looking watch. I’ve been on a real GS kick recently; the unavailability of Rolexes, and the surfeit of Omega models/ variants, has had me checking out various grand seikos. It’d have to be something more dressy for me, and it’d be a replacement for the Omega Aqua Terra and possibly Tudor Heritage Chrono; but I could live with 3-5 days power reserve and +/-5s per month 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was recommended on here Orient watches and was just wondering if Creation Watches are ok to buy from or should I stick to the dreaded Amazon.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 8,699 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.