Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Warm, innit…
  • Kryton57

Just got the bike out the shed, pumped up the tyres and not even had a pre ride poo yet but I’m sweating already!

Happy days, could be one for “weekend rising pics”.

stumpyjon

Lurverly weather.

jonba
    Free Member

Global warming, innit.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Mmmmmm lovely weather and I have a house full of carpets to clean 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

I think today’s ride will involve a beer garden….or two

argoose
    Free Member

I feel the need… the need for..a night ride 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Not here it ain’t 😐

Arctic research station 😐

Somewhat missing the heatwave 👿

compositepro
    Free Member

Not here it ain’t

Arctic research station

Somewhat missing the heatwave

can you confirm did you find the aliens or hitlers secret base

http://rt.com/news/vostok-lake-drill-process-703/

if your in the north pole sorry I had to ask but if you ever get to go south could you bob round and have a dig round ask a few questions?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

ever get to go south could you bob round and have a dig round ask a few questions?

… will do! 😆

Nowt round ‘ere (north) but mosquitos, reindeer and skuas… a balmy 8c outside, raining.

binners

It’s not really cooling down in the evenings much either. I was sweating like Stewart Hall on the last climb back home, at about ten last night. Made the post ride pint taste even better though. It never touched the sides 😀

This weather is brilliaaaaaaaaaaant!!!!!!

andeh

Looks like we’ve got another week of it too! 8)

Everything is so dusty and fast, it’s ace!

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m going to be wearing a fancy dress onesie all afternoon/evening. Going to be wringing wet with sweat by the end of the day I think 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

It’s our village well dressing today, will be manic later.

Should have been riding the Tom Simpson audax today, quite glad I’ve been having back problems and will miss it. I’m not sure collapsing in the heat would be a fitting memorial

bruneep

Aye its almost 14c in Aberdeen. 🙄

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Out the door at 6am this morning in the road bike. After a sweaty night it was nice to ride round in the cool morning air on empty roads for a coup me of hours.

chives
    Free Member

Knackered my left hamstring during last Tuesday’s Quantocks day out, so missing a chance of another hot one yesterday. Tuesday was a scorcher, I was sweating at 5 in the morning when I set off, and slightly dehydrated when I got in at 4pm. Love it though, much better than cold & damp.

Just got the lad his first bike – so off across the fields with him in a minute (if I can hobble along side for long enough!) so I’ll soon be sweating again no doubt!

Kryton57

A beautiful morning;

Untitled

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Stuck in St. Chav’s for another 4hrs – been here since 08.00 – just popped out of the lab (aircon @ 20 C) for a statutory break and into my office on t’other side of the building (no aircon) and it’s 30.7 C! Quick brew and I think I’ll pop straight back into the lab!

Euro
    Free Member

Today is the first decent day at around 17c. I’ve been off on hols for the past 8 days and the there’s been no rain but temps around 25-28c are too hot for my celtic blood to do any proper cycling. Breaking my toe at the beach on the second day turned out to be a godsend, presenting a great excuse to leave the stumpy in the shed and opt for a couple of family rides, stopping at every opportunity for ice cream and fizzy pop.

I’m back at work tomorrow so i’ll dig out the stumpy this evening and see how the toe is healing up.

JEngledow
    Free Member

It’s so hot I’ve filled the paddling pool for the dog!!

binners

Of course it’s for the dog! What colour are your Speedo’s? I favour leopard print personally 😀

matt_outandabout

This weekend has mostly involved:
    [/url] Swimming in Loch Tay and Killin by matt_outandabout, on Flickr[/img]
    Avoided bikes as it is a) chuffing hot and b) so busy with tourists it is a pain to get anywhere and c) 70 year old father visiting.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Of course it’s for the dog!

Once he’s in there’s no room for anyone else, here he is from last year:

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

41 deg in the back garden now. Bit of a suntrap. Just back from signing up for the wiggle sportive in the morning. Allegedly 3 deg cooler too 😯
    Filled the pool up for my son. Puppy is not sure what to make of it at the moment, so has gone indoors to sleep in the shade.

the_lecht_rocks

30 deg c yesterday at inners, 26 today at GT…

Unreal !

Stoner
    Free Member

weather station in the field is showing 37degrees outside.

Ive been hiding indoors all day having been on a big yomp in the Brecon Beacons yesterday/last night. Can hardly move anyway.

At least Ive had the TdF and the Test to keep me chilled.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Are you talking shade temps or thermometer in the sun? Its been 42c in the shade where I am this week, now dipped to mid 30’s. UK sounds cool at late 20’s

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mendips this afty with Buzz-Lightyear, trying to keep in the shade is quite difficult really

Stoner
    Free Member

my weather station is out in the sun. The guy who runs a proper system a few miles away is showing 29 degrees-ish which Im guessing is shade air temp. My indoor one is at 28degrees.

However, that is all academic. As a Scot by birth I both start off blue; turning white in the sun, and also melt at 25degrees. I hate the heat 🙁

mrphil
    Free Member

Done a nice 32 mile XC route from the Horseshoe Pass to Llangollan/Llandegla today with a mate, was nice to ride in this heat. Makes all the wet/cold winter riding seem easy!

Even found the new Tearooms for mid ride feeding called Prospects, 5 miles from Llandegla Forest

the_lecht_rocks

Direct sunlight at inners , 30 deg c. I enjoyed it. Beats wet windy snowy muddy driech misery.

molgrips
    Free Member

Was 31c on the car this afternoon, after driving for 30 miles.

rOcKeTdOg

andeh

Sacked off a ride half way today at Ladybower, went swimming at slippery stones instead. Lovely

rocketman
    Free Member

Lovely conditions the hotter the better in my book

marvincooper

Too hot for me, spent a couple of hours in the shade of my garage this morning bike fettling. Could have happily spent longer but got persuaded to go out to shadeless a pick yer own place where it was extra-extra scorchio. Strawberries were nice though 🙂

Had a quick spin on the bike this evening but was sweating just pootling along.

Now in the cool of the garden, camping with my boy tonight. Hope it’s a bit cooler tomorrow.

weare138
    Free Member

Spent the day taking photos of people having fun for the local rag. Holy mopey it was hot.

Alex

Built my new bike in a mate’s hot garage. Was getting Alec Guiness Bridge on the river Kwai flashbacks ‘the officers’ will not work’…. 😉 Quick spin up and down the local farm tracks to make sure all was well and, at one point, fairly sure I was on fire.

Big ride tomorrow. Decided as a pro athlete hydrating with the right fluids was absolutely vital. Switched to white wine from the fridge.

Russell96

Spent a few hours in the Clwyds this afternoon, Garmin showed an average of 29.2C no wonder I was feeling a bit worn out after.

brooess
    Free Member

28 degrees in Surrey Hills today. Sweltering. Getting home and having a shower was great.
    Road ride tomorrow. I anticipate several cafe stops so we don’t melt
    Great riding weather, make the best of it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Warm, innit…’ is closed to new replies.