Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • warm feet during winter – at last !!
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Problemo solvio !!

Without spending big money and suffering from cold feet, tonight i tried my new cure.

Buying 2 pairs of those tog 2.3 feet warmer socks, i used 1 pair for my feet and with the other pair i wrapped them over my summer shoes, cut a simple slit at the bottom so my cleat could poke through, then after covering my shoe with the sock, i simply cut it about 1 inch above the opening of the shoe. On top of that i put my waterproof endura overshoes so hey presto, waterproof on the outside, then a thick 2.3 tog rating layer of sock over my shoe to keep out the cold and a cosy 2.3 tog sock keeping my feet warm.

Got home tonight to have the dryest warmest feet all winter.

Problem solved for a tenner

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I get cold feet in the winter too – oversocks over my shoes and then overshoes is usually enough while on the road bike. I struggle a bit more when off road though as overshoes off road are cack.

sambob
    Free Member

Sounds too warm, I manage fine with just overshoes and some cheap walking socks. Think I’d overheat if I had that much. Might get some socks though.

lump

Ive been looking for some winter socks, so thanks 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve never had a problem after moving to merino socks. they really were a huge improvement.

cheese@4p

Flat pedals for me in winter, combined with cozy socks and trainers

Matt_SS_xc

first ride in flats for about 4 years last weekend. Warmest feet ever, lovely. I find being clipped in makes my feet cold because they are not doing anything> Flat pedals must increase blood flow = warmer feet and happier me 😀

argyle
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘warm feet during winter – at last !!’ is closed to new replies.