Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Waiting for a new bike – how do you cope?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve potentially got until 2-3rd Aug until my new bike arrives at the shop and can’t stand it…how do you cope? What tips or advice would you give to someone to ease the panic/excitement/impatience/feeling of ‘this weekend’s bike ride could be so much more awesome if I had my new bike’?

Should I take up a new hobby in the meantime? Start chainsaw carving? Get drunk the whole time?

shortcut

Mine isn’t expected until November!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go riding? Go to work? Do whatever you would normally do?

wwaswas

After the third delay you kind of forget all about it and then it turns up one day and you wonder what the excitement was all about.

vinnyeh

Been waiting for mine since April.

Last year.
    Only a year overdue, but it’s ‘on the boat’ now.
    It’s only a bike, not a baby. Mind, I’ve bought two others (bikes), during that time.

CheesybeanZ

Start looking and comparing it too other makes and model – keeping the have I made the right choice gremlins in your head quite will help pass the time 👿

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Trying to avoid ebay/pinkbike incase I see a perfect pristine used specimen for half the price! 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

(Looks at shed full of old bikes, realises that new one will only come sell most of them. Forgets about new bike)

Stevet1
    Free Member

Go out and rag your old bike, show it some love but also try a few things that previously you’ve passed on in case you broke it. I did this last weekend but now I’m having to try and make space for both the old and the new bike as my old bike still feels ace when pushed hard.

rocketman
    Free Member

What bike are you waiting for

teadrinker
    Free Member

I ordered my new bike yesterday. It’s being delivered between 1pm and 2pm today apparently. I’m already anxious so feel for you! I hate waiting.

teadrinker
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member
    Been waiting for mine since April.

Rooster Vinny?

AlexSimon

I coped really badly.
    Mostly I watched their facebook page, twitter feed and website for any sign of pics/updates/reviews/etc. Then by buying matching pedals and riding clothes which sat on the shelf for 2 months.

There may have been some boring of people in the pub too.

🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

A Rallon X30 rocketman. Got loads of upgrades and swap parts ready, wheels to build, forks to change, fancy pants carbon bars and a super light stem, just looking to buy a racey slr saddle to round things off. It’s going to be fun!

rocketman
    Free Member

Cool

What colour

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Enduro fluoro! Local shop had a sale, nearly 20% off full price for the bike so had to say yes

rocketman
    Free Member

wohhhhhh I like that a lot. Well worth waiting for

Gotama
    Free Member

Ordered mine the other day, thought they would say a week or so as they have to build them up (small manufacturer) but instead it’s the end of September as the painters are on holiday for August :roll:. I iz disappoint 🙁 Hopefully worth the wait though and there’s nothing else out there that I would buy instead. Must resist impulsive urges and be patient…..

rOcKeTdOg

Enduro fluoro! Local shop had a sale,

how do u have a sale on a bike you haven’t got in stock for months?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dealer offers a price to get orders, my mate will do sale prices based on what the importers can get.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s not months, it’s 3 weeks, and yes they put the order through to Orbea via the UK rep and it’s built and sent out to the shop for me. I guess they managed to get a temporary discount price from them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think that’s the quoted lead time to Oz too 😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Aye it’s a delay before they put it together. Usual time is 7-10 days. I’ll wait an extra 2 weeks and save £450 no problem.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think they are painted in spain too, probably accounts for some of it, postage either way should be within 30hrs

glasgowdan
    Free Member

What spec you go for? The X30? I was a bit disappointed they didn’t do it with a rockshox monarch plus debonair…tried but got told no, so decided to upgrade to the Kirk instead. I’ll be putting my nearly new Pikes on there anyway and changing most of the controls. I found it odd how much Orbea charge for upgrades when you do the maths – £345 (I think) for a reverb stealth? (plus, say, £10 for the cost of the alloy post), where a stealth can be had for £225 retail. Hence my choice to go bottom of the range and do my own upgrades 🙂

Oh, also, I read in some reviews that the X30 comes as standard with the QR rear end so I got the rep to put through my order with the 142×12 instead.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for a new bike – how do you cope?’ is closed to new replies.